NINE

The following hours flew by in a daze for most of the people. While the children were busy playing with the Saint-nim, Jack, and his little sister Hannah, Eruhaben was sitting in one of the many guest rooms and thinking hard about how his life had changed – only for the better, naturally.

Dodam was sitting in the chair that was in front of Choi Han's bed. Now that Cale's subordinates, or rather Paul and Freesia, have cleaned him up and after Saint Jack had taken a good look at him, he looked much more like his usual self than before. While he still was rather pale (even if it wasn't on Cale's level, which was nothing one should be proud of), he didn't look like he had just gotten the beating of his life.

To the young dragon, it was unfair.

While Dodam accepted that he was in the wrong – this time, he didn't want Choi Han to look so healthy so fast. He still clearly recalled how Cale's body had been fully wrapped around in bandages for day and how he didn't wake up for a whole week. It was a horrifying sight to behold and he just wanted to forget it. Yet, it had burned itself in the young dragon's memory far too clearly. Just like the first time Cale had vomited tons of blood as they were in the Elf Village a few months ago after gaining the Fire of Destruction through throwing away lots of hard earned (rather hard looted) money.

"Ugh."

Choi Han, who was currently treated as a patient and shouldn't wake up for at least a few days, let out a pained groan. Dodam, as crazy as it might sound, liked that painful noise. It showed that he had beaten the swordsmaster to a pulp, even if his body didn't show any signs of him doing so.

"Huff..."

Not long after groaning, Choi Han managed to open his eyes and sit up slightly. He immediately noticed the strange surroundings and not far after, locked eyes with the twelve year old dragon that was observing him as if his life depended on it. Nothing went past that vicious yet clear and cold gaze.

"Ugh..."

Well, what can I say? Choi Han was sort of a super human with human surpassing strength that was of course also strengthening his body. Naturally he was by far stronger than the average adult and incomparable to someone as weak as Cale.

"Where am I?"

Not soon after waking up, Choi Han also started to speak normally without any hint of tiredness or pain in his voice. Dodam rolled his eyes and pointed outside the window.

"Still there where I beat the shit out of you."

While his choice of words was questionable, it was still nicer than before. Choi Han, recalling what had happened in those past few hours, finally got a grip of his situation. He wouldn't have survived that kind of beating, let alone be on his feet without feeling any pain so fast. Just how many days – no, weeks – had it been?

"How long was I out for?"

Dodam, once again, rolled his eyes and looked at the non-existent clock on his wrist.

"Between one or two hours, not longer. Dinner hasn't been served yet."

"I understand- wait...What?!"

Choi Han couldn't help but ask again. It wasn't physically possible to regain consciousness after that kind of beating after just two hours passed! Dodam, who had a now extremely annoyed expression mixed in his ferocious one, let out a deep breath.

"Cale came to your fucking rescue."

"Cale-nim he-"

'-he truly is amazing.'

Choi Han did not finish his sentence and just nodded at the dragon's answer. After that, both of them stayed silent for a while. It was quite a long while as well. As Dodam had no intention of speaking with such a "thug" that was his image of Choi Han, it was Choi Han who broke the silence.