Chapter 2: Mirrored Desires

I turned to my dad and said, "Emmm, okay, Dad, I'm off to my room. I had something to sort out for tomorrow's class."

"Okay, then, my princess. Good night."

"Good night, Daddy. Don't stay up too late. Go to bed early, okay."

"As you said, my Majesty."

"Haha..."

My room is my sanctuary of dreams, custom-tailored to my desires.

I rushed to my room, leaped onto the bed, and began to bounce with joy. I couldn't quite grasp why I felt so elated; this emotion was a stranger to me. Then it dawned on me. I needed to prepare myself for school, not for the boring classes but to impress him. I rushed to the washroom, splashed my face with water, and sat before the mirror. I applied a face mask and styled my hair , eager to make a lasting impression.

"Tomorrow, I must go to his block and pay a visit to impress him," I thought to myself. "I can't wait to see him. Why is time moving so slowly tonight?"

I drifted off to sleep while my eyes remained fixated on the hands of the clock.

The next day arrived, and I awoke early, ready to undertake my morning routine. As I applied makeup, I couldn't help but admire my own reflection in the mirror.

"Ummmmm... Wow, Ananya, you look stunning today," I murmured, the words leaving my lips with a hint of self-admiration. "I'm a natural beauty, but today I need a little extra to catch his attention."

I questioned my sudden change in behavior. "What's gotten into me? Talking to the mirror... Am I losing my mind? Come on, Ananya, don't be silly."

Upon arriving at school, I contemplated visiting his block to see him. However, to my surprise, I spotted him just as I stepped out of the car.

"Oh, he's so handsome!" My heart quickened its pace, each beat echoing my excitement.

And then, in a moment that felt like a fairytale. He looked my way, smiled warmly waving in my direction. My heart skipped a beat. I wondered if he was waving to someone behind me. There was no one there, though, so he must be waving and smiling at me.

"Should I say hello? Why am I so nervous?" I debated with myself. "Go, Ananya... Go."