Chapter 10: A Clash of Wills

The library, once a haven of quiet study, became the battleground for a clash of wills. Albert's friends had targeted a junior girl, subjecting her to their merciless torment. Unable to bear witness to such cruelty, I couldn't contain my anger. Ignoring the potential consequences, I rushed towards them, determined to intervene.

"Oh, our sister-in-law is here. Albert, look who is here," Steve sneered.

Albert turned his attention towards me, wearing a sinister grin. "Oh, are you here for her? Don't interrupt them, my girl. They're just playing. They'll leave her once they've played enough. Actually, she's so cute, and Steve has his eyes on her. Don't worry; he won't do anything," Albert said, leaning on Steve's shoulder.

I shook my head in disbelief, refusing to accept his twisted justifications. 

"Finding joy at the expense of someone else's suffering isn't my idea of entertainment. If you're attempting to prove a point or inflate your egos, there are certainly more ethical ways to do so," I countered.

"Don't worry; you may go," I said to the junior girl. But as she tried to leave, Antony and Chryston blocked her path.

"Stop there. You can't leave until Steve says so," they declared.

Determined to challenge the unjust situation, I stepped forward. "Make way for her and stop this now, or I'll definitely make you pay for this," I declared.

Albert, bowing down to my eye level, pleaded, "Ananya, stop messing and leave here right now. If not, don't say I am rude."

The confrontation continued, tensions escalating, with Albert's friends realizing my unwavering stance. As the atmosphere grew more intense, Albert attempted to defuse the situation. 

"No," I said defiantly. 

"You go; I want to know what they'll do," I told the junior girl.

As she passed through them and fled, my anger lingered. Turning back to Albert's friends, I confronted them. 

"You can only scare the poor," I retorted.

 Trying to leave, his friends blocked my way.

"Oh sister-in-law, how can you leave like that? You chased away the one we were playing with, so we don't have any other choice," Chryston remarked.

Albert came closer, his voice a stern warning, 

"I cautioned you not to interrupt, but you chose to ignore my warning. Now, there's no other choice but to play along with them."

Turning to Antony, Albert inquired, "What do you think, Antony? How should I handle her?"

Antony replied confidently, "No, bro. It's still our turn. Just watch how we're going to deal with our sister-in-law."

Albert, smirking, intervened, "That's not a good idea. I should teach my girl how to behave and put an end to her ignorant behavior. You guys had your fun with Steve's girl. I think it's time for you to rest; I'll take it from here."

Others chimed in, warning, "Okay, she's yours, but better not to  forget what she did."

"I know," Albert acknowledged.

"Hmm, who are you trying to scare? Me? It's not going to happen. And you, Albert, I've told you many times; if you didn't get it, listen carefully. I, Ananya, am not your girl, and I'll never be yours," I asserted firmly.

In a sudden and forceful move, Albert seized my hand, tightening his grip on my wrist. "You have no choice but to be mine. Aren't you scared? My friends spared you because of me, but you're not worthy of my mercy," he declared, pushing me against the wall.

With a menacing glint in his eyes, he added, "I'll show you what it means to be scared."