Chapter 7: Whispers on the Breeze: Riding the Winds of Romance;

"Oh! Would you like to have a ride with me today?" Sanjay asked, catching me off guard. Although secretly, I had hoped he would propose the idea.

"Yes, of course! I'd really love to," I replied, my excitement bubbling over.

He strolled to the cycle parking area, unlocking his cycle. Seating himself, he turned towards me and invited, "Get in."

I smiled at him and walked towards the cycle, settling into the back seat.

Glancing back at me, he offered a cute smile and instructed, "Hold onto me tightly."

As I clutched onto his shirt, he gently brought his hands to mine, guiding them from the ones gripping his shirt to his waist. Feeling a sudden shyness, I avoided looking directly at him. He then tenderly touched my other hand, securing it around his waist, creating a lock.

In a soft tone, he said while holding my hand more tightly, "By holding onto my waist, you'll feel safe and secure." His words lingered in the air, resonating with care and consideration.

He continued to hold my crossed hands for an extended period, and in that timeless moment, I could feel the warmth of his hands and the genuine concern he conveyed. Each passing second seemed to intensify the connection as we rode together, creating an indelible memory infused with feelings of warmth and shared intimacy.

"Hey, Hello.. Ananya!"

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, bringing me back to reality.

"Huh?" I blinked, realizing someone was waving near my face. It seemed like I had just woken up from a daydream.

"Hey; What happened?"

"That was all a dream," I sighed, berating myself. Idiot me.

"Ah! Sorry, Sanjay. I was lost in something. What did you just say?"

"Oh, okay." He smiled and said, "I'm heading back home. I wish you could get a cycle, and your wish would come true."

"What?" I asked, a bit confused.

"Did I say something wrong? You mentioned you really wish to ride a cycle, didn't you?"

"Oh, that! Yeah... Thank you."

Sanjay, you fool, I want you to teach me and give me a ride every day to school and back, and everywhere we go. That's my wish. I whispered.

"Did you say anything?" he asked.

"No, I just thanked you for your well wishes."

"Okay, I'm going. See you later," he said, starting to cycle away.

"Wait... wait... Sanjay!"

He paused, turning back. "What happened?" he inquired.

"Well, about the noon issue, I wanted to ask you something," I said, catching my breath.

"What's that?" he asked.

"I saw you leaving the canteen with such anger, even pushing the chair. You seemed really upset. What happened? If you don't mind sharing with me."

His eyes softened, and a sigh escaped his lips.

"Oh, that was because of my friend," She confessed to me. I think She lost her mind and said she's fallen for me, wanting me to be her boyfriend. I was shocked. I told her I only considered her as my best friend, but she insisted and said she fell for me at first sight and then she approached me with friendship. She even held my hand. That's why I felt angry, and... did you notice it too?" he said. "I inquired because amidst your struggle, as you were cleaning your dress, your attention still found its way to me. That's what caught my curiosity and prompted my question." He accompanied his words with a warm smile, a mix of playfulness and genuine interest.