Chapter Seventeen: Look What The Cat Dragged Out

Chapter seventeen: Look What The Cat Dragged Out

I looked at Bret with sadness, and Rikki walked up to me he put a arm around me and kissed my head "Don't worry darlin'" he said "Bret is Bret, he will be okay, now" he smiled "I know another guy who would love you like you want to be loved."
I sighed "Rikki, I just don't feel that way about C.C. he is one of my best friends alongside you, Bobby and now Bret." I sighed and sat on the curb with my knees up to my chest I watched the rain. Rikki sat beside me "Mel Bear, C.C. said-"
"Rikki. Just give it a rest. I'm tired of being told what to do, Bret was a ass to me for so long I am glad we are just friends now but-" I sighed "-I need time to myself."

♪C.C.♪

I looked at the empty room the dresser was empty, the closet, everything. Only two words clouded my mind, two words I didn't want to believe. Two words I wish would go away. Forever.
She's. Gone.
I shoved away from the doorway and to the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a me Amelia would get pissed at.
I was pale. Cocaine covered nose, blood shot eyes from drinking, and a frown. She would tell me to get myself back together. But.
She isn't here.
I alone tear went down my face and I angrily wiped it away, as I walked back to mine and Bobby's room I sat at the desk and started writing my song again. For her.
Damnit C.C.

"Late at night I close my eyes
And think of how things could have been
And when I look back
I remember some words you had said to me
It's better to have lost at love
Then never to have loved at all
I won't forget you baby
Even though I should
I won't forget you baby
Even though I should, yeah

Sometimes in my head
I can still see pictures of you
And I laugh to myself
When I think of all those crazy things that we used to do
Although miles come between us
Just between you and me
I won't forget you baby
Even though I should
I won't forget you baby
Even though I should, yeah

I should let you fade away
But that just wouldn't be me
Oh, baby

Although miles come between us
Just between you and me
I won't forget you baby
Memories slowly fade
I won't forget you baby
And all the plans we made
I won't forget you baby"

I finished the song and held it in my hands, I picked my guitar up by the neck and went down stairs, I saw the three talking as I came down, I sat in a chair and started playing my riff I made to go with the song.
Bret came over and grabbed the lyric sheet and went over the words. When he was finished he looked back up "Is this about anyone, C.C.?" He asked, I stayed quiet as the other two gathered around, Rikki looked at me "Amelia?"
As he said it I broke my guitar string and I cussed out everything in sight.
"Damn guitar! Damn band! Damn apartment. Damn record deal. Damn woman!" I yelled. And slung my guitar across the room and into the wall, I stood there breathing and thinking as the three stayed out of my way.
I bit the inside of my jaw and blinked away a tear.
Bret moved forward "Did you...love her?" Love?
Did I? Yes. Did I know until it was too late to tell her? Yes. I need her in my life. In this life with me.
"I-I do."
He nodded "Why didn't you tell her?" He asked, I frowned and looked at my guitar I am gonna need to repair "I was too scared she would say no."
We stood in silence before Bret hugged me, I tried to get out of his grip until I noticed he too was crying, I nodded.
"She was mine C.C., and I screwed up. Don't make the same mistake."