Chapter One: New Place, and A Member Gone

Chapter One: New Place, and a Member Gone

     *1984*

   *AMELIA *

I woke up in the band car with Bret under the driver's side wheel, everyone was asleep, I smirked and hit the horn, scaring awake Bret, Rikki and Matt, Lord knows Bobby could sleep through a cannon ball going through the car, I laughed until Bret scowled at me "Mel, I swear you just scared the shit out of me."
"I think she did scared the piss out of me" Matt mumbled, Rikki chuckled "I was wonderimg what I smelled" and started tickling Bobby who started waking up "Whats going on?" he mumbled "Are you sure your not ken to Amelia?" Rikki asked, he snorted "Trust me I would know" I gave Bobby a sad look, he smiled at me, making me roll my eyes and look at Bret, he cocked his head looking at me "We need a apartment somewhere."
  I dug in my pocket "Your lucky my parents stay drugged up, or I wouldn't have been able to get this" I handed him the wad of cash, he looked at me "How did you get it?" he asked, I smiled "Picked the lock to my dads box and got the money, they owe me anyway."
  Rikki sighed "I kinda regret showing you that." Bobby gave him a look "Excuse me? Is that how she broke into my bedroom and stole my cologne?" I slammed the passenger side door and looked in the rolled down window to the back "Hey. In my defence you smelled good. And I just met you, you knocked me in the head with a ballbat anyway" Bret pulled me away from the window "Me and Mel are going to go and rent a apartment for two, then sneak you guys in." As we walked up to the landlords home, Bret kissed my cheek "You know I love you right?" he asked, I nodded "And you know its the same for you" I said, he smiled and put a arm around me. We walked into the old house and rang the doorbell.
  "So, Just Married? Engaged?" the old man asked, as we talked, Bret grinned "Soon" he winked at me, heat came onto my face, and I smiled at the old man, he nodded "A abandoned small apartment, on the end of the street, you cant miss it" he tossed Bret a key, and I paid three months rent, we walked out and back to the car, I sighed and leaned against the passenger seat looking at the other three, I made a face at Rikki who smirked "Bret I think your girlfriend wants a kiss" he said, I rolled my eyes "Not from you. What I heard from every girl in our home town is that your kisses are sloppy, and taste like cow shit" I said, making the others laugh.
  Rikki put his hand over his heart in mock heart "You love me though." "As a brother. Yeah." "Well, I-" I groaned "Rikki just shut the heck up man" I yelled, and gave him a look, Bobby and Matt laughed, Bret rolled his eyes at our fussing "Would you guys please just shut up?" he asked, as we pulled up at the house. I got out after Bret and them, I ran and jumped on Bret's back, he carried me in and set me down on the floor, I stumbled into Bobby, who pushed me into Rikki who made me stand up straight.
The walls were cemented, two bedrooms, and one bathroom. I sighed, and Bret came up behind me kissing my neck "So?" I looked behind me at him "So, what?" "What do you think?" he asked, I smiled and kissed his cheek "I think we are so going to love it here."
  That night, me and Bret fell asleep on one of the beds and I was snuggled in the covers, I woke up to him missing, so I went out and saw stairs leading to the top of the apartment, I went up there and saw Rikki smoking he said "Come check out the view" he grinned, and I walked over to him, looking out at L.A. it was beautiful.
  I sighed and wondered if we are really going to make it. One morning, I woke up to a letter on the table and read it, it was from Matt, I yelled for the boys and showed it to them. "So? Matt is gone?" Bobby asked, Bret sighed "Looks like we are going to have to find a new guitarist." I looked at Rikki "Could you learn guitar so I can play drums?" he gave me a look "No."
I scowled at his way of saying no and looked at Bet who was trying not to laugh at me. Bobby smiled "Where do we start?" he asked. They looked at me, I huffed and put my hands on my hips "What the hell am I? Miss. Future? Or something?" I asked. Rikki chuckled "You ought to be" he said, I pinched him, he yelped.
I smiled and chuckled "Victory" I whispered.

Later, I laughed at Rikki as he tried to sing a Aerosmith song, Bobby grinned "Why don't you sing with him?" He asked, and I laughed "Uh, unless you want cats called up here, I should stay away from singing."
"You are not that bad" Bret said, I had my feet propped up on him "Your voice is Angelic to me" he smirked "I think it's Why I fell for you."
"Literally" Rikki added, I threw I pillow at him, he landed backwards in a chair, Bobby laughed as he smoked a cigarette. Bret  rolled his eyes "Very funny Rikki" he said, Rikki stuck out his tongue at us, I shot him a bird.
Bret put a arm around my waist and dragged me to him. He cleared his throat "I put a add in the paper for a Rockin' Metal Guitarist who can keep up with us maybe we will get some people out here."
  I nodded "Maybe."
  Bobby sighed "He will have to learn our riffs" he said, Bret nodded "We practise until we get a gig" he said.
I smiled "And I will kick any Girls ass that comes near you" I patted Bret on the shoulder and walked upstairs, hearing Rikki and Bobby laugh. I walked up to the room I was being made to share with Bret, while the other two slept wherever, I went to the closet and looked through the few clothes I owned, then put on a Rolling Stones shirt jeans ripped, and boots.
Arms came around me, and Bret kissed my neck "Why are you here with me?" He asked, sounding sad because I begged him to let me come, I turned and looked up at him "Because I love you" I smiled and patted his cheek"If I didn't love you, I wouldn't be here, dumbass."
He smiled "That's all I needed hear Mel Bear" he said, and hugged me tight, I sighed "I should be asking Why you are with me."
He smacked head, and I shrugged "It's true, I'm five foot two, scared to even get my ears pierced and fat" he glared at me, I held hand up to stop him from talking "Compared to you, I look look a short troll."
  He grabbed my hand and tugged me over to him, and made me look in the mirror, he smiled "You know What I see when I look at you?" He asked, and shook my head "A girl who loves me, cares, wants our band to work, she is the perfect size, for me, and has no regret in dating me" he chuckled, I smiled.
  He kissed my cheek,and smiled as Bobby slammed open the bedroom door scaring us both, Bobby yelled "Don't pull that lovey ass Shit now!" He fake gagged, I looked at him "Bobby go to hell."
  Bobby smirked "Im just saying, love sucks."
  "You wouldn't know love if it bit you on the ass!" I yelled at him, and rolled my eyes as we went downstairs Bret laughed, and I heard a thump, I went and saw Rikki had rolled off the couch he was laughing at me, Bobby threw a pillow at me when we got down there, Bret pulled me to sit in his lap, Rikki looked at me "Okay Miss Heart, join me in getting pizza?" He asked, I nodded.
Bobby threw keys at him, and Rikki ran out the door, I followed him and yelled "Very funny Rikki!" As he laughed.

  We pulled up at a pizza place, and I tried to get out but, Rikki kept pulling up, finally I said "Damn it Rikki, you wreck this car Bret and Bobby are gonna kill you using your own drums."
He yelled "Not my babies!" And put the car in park, I slammed the door and walked with Rikki on my heels mumbling something about his 'babies.'
I ordered two cheese pizzas as Rikki stood leaning against a wall, ankles crossed, and shades over his eyes, arms also crossed. As we waited on a number "I have a question" Rikki said, and I mumbled "Shoot" he grinned "How are you still with Bret and a Virgin?"
  I popped his shoulder  hard he yelped "Shit" the same time I hissed "Rikki!" He asked "What? It was a question. And ow!" He said, frowning at me.
Bret has tried. Trust me, I just have no reason to want that at Eighteen, I am different from most Girls, I'm just not ready, and Every time Rikki and Bobby joke or ask, I get embarrassed, I mean how about I ask them why-
Our number was called snapping me out of my daze, and Rikki got to the pizza before me and took one out, he ate a bite of one, and put it back in the box, and we walked out to the car, I made a face as we got in "I hope to God you finish that piece" I said he smiled and said "I'm fluffy. You love me, sister. Besides your stuck with me."

  We got back to the apartment seeing Bret asleep inside on a chair and Bobby had a permanent marker. He had drew a heart on his head that read Bret loves Rikki and Bobby then on down on his cheek it said Screw Amelia. I said "Hey! Not funny Bobbo!" And woke up Bret who looked at me with a confused look, I sighed "Go look in the bathroom mirror while I fix your food."
  He got up walked in there and I heard "Shit. I am going to kill you Bobby!" And I smiled as Bobby glared at me, I fixed the Guys plates and smiled "Dinner is ready!" I yelled and went and sat in the floor by a chair that Bret would sit in. He went and got his "Who took a bite out of mine?" He complained.
I looked at Rikki "That was your plate wasn't it?" I asked, he nodded and smiled "I am fluffy and you Three love me."
Bobby nodded "Same for me, because I do not want Bret by to kill me."
    I shook my head "He would probably either murder you in your sleep, or Poison you" I laughed, Bret looked at me "What did you say?"
"Murder?" I asked, he shook his head "The Other."
  I thought "Poison?"
  He nodded "Poison."