𝐨𝐧𝐞 - 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 01
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

    — JASPER SHUFFLED IN HIS SEAT ANXIOUSLY, he eyed the clock on his desk, tick-tock, time passed by far too slowly. He breathed shakily before he shook his head. Why was he so nervous?

His mind drifted before a noise from his PC snapped him out of it, he accepted the call as he stuffed his earbuds in his ears.

The three passed awkward greetings before one of the duo spoke up, beginning the real topic of conversation, "So, do you believe in the paranormal?" Sam Golbach asked Jasper Jett, a YouTuber who was known for various content, none of which included the paranormal.

Jasper has a complicated relationship with the paranormal. He grew up hearing stories from his grandma of the ghosts that haunted the small town of Briar Woods, Kansas, he heard the whispers of those who haunted their house, he saw the shadows hiding behind furniture, and the cold that always seemed to surround him and his grandma even on the hottest of days. Yet, he refused to believe in it all, for believing would give it power.

Despite his refusal, he knew better than to deny the existence of something paranormal altogether. It was something he simply couldn't do. Which is why he found himself struggling to find the words to answer Sam's question.

"I guess it depends on the place." He finally responded, "My grandma, she's a medium, and I saw spirits as a child around her house-" he didn't mention the ones that followed him too, he couldn't, "but I've never really communicated with anything." That it in itself was true enough. He hadn't properly communicated. He'd heard whispers around the house, and sometimes shouting in his ears when he was falling asleep, but he had never spoken to a spirit properly... well aside from... they didn't need to know about him.

The duo seemed surprised, which he should've expected really, he never spoke of the paranormal on social media, aside from perhaps the horror movies he enjoyed, always finding himself drawn to the paranormal horror movies.

"So you have some experience then." Colby commented, and for the first time, Jasper found himself taking in the man on camera. His striking blue eyes stood out with his dark hair, he dressed the way Jasper always wanted to and looked ten times better than he could. However, this was not what Jasper found himself drawn to, no that was the strange way Colby was familiar to him beyond a screen.

"I wouldn't say that." Jasper responded, tearing his eyes away and clearing his throat, "More like a... past with the paranormal." He continued, noting the odd looks they shared, "So, where exactly are we headed for the video?"

"Well, there's a few options." Colby said, going into a more professional mode, "I can send you the links to a few of the places, we haven't decided yet so maybe you could help." Jasper nodded in confirmation and had already begun to look through the links when Sam continued.