𝐬𝐢𝐱 - 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 06
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

                — JASPER LOOKED BACK AT THE HOSPITAL as the car drove away, in the darkness it seemed even more haunting than it had when they'd showed up before sunset. It loomed over them as they drove away, and he knew he'd remember this place for years to come.

Soon after doing the ESTES method and receiving the strange responses, they'd wrapped up the video and decided to head back to the hotel before it got too much later though it had already hit three in the morning before they stepped out the doors.

"Well, that was a bit strange." Sam admitted as he drove the rental car to the hotel, "But it was fun having you there." He smiled.

"Yeah, maybe we could do it again." Colby suggested, eager to suggest seeing the blond again.

Jasper nodded in agreement. The night had been strange but the boys were always there, lifting the mood and making sure he knew he was safe and didn't have to do anything he didn't want to whether it made good content or not. "I'd like that." He admitted, meeting Colby's gaze as the brunette looked back at him, "Maybe without the creepy apparition in the hall." He joked lightheartedly, pointedly not mentioning the ESTES method that had almost fully focused on him.

"Maybe." Colby agreed lightly.

Jasper wasn't quite sure why he decided to speak his mind then but he did as he continued truthfully, "I've avoided the paranormal my whole life even it followed me... it was kinda nice to choose to go into it and just... see what happens. Even if some parts were creepy."

"Explore, baby." Colby joked, oblivious to the slight red tint that blossomed on Jasper's cheeks at the nickname, it didn't even cross his mind how it came across after all the... tension between them, "That's what we do."

"Well, I'd love to do with you guys again." He said and then winked, "Baby." Sam burst out laughing, Colby following shortly after with a startled look and a slight blush to his cheeks that Jasper was quite proud of as he laughed.

"Even if we don't do a video again, well... you've got our numbers." Colby said, and then, in an exaggerated flirtatious tone, he met his gaze and whispered, "Call me."

Jasper burst out laughing just as they pulled into the hotel and didn't stop laughing until they pulled open the hotel doors. "Thank you, guys, for today. It was fun even if it was strange." He said before they separated. Sam and Colby nodded kindly and spoke their agreements.

Colby's gaze stayed on him for just a little too long before he mumbled a sheepish, "Night." And pulled away to go to his room. Sam gave a quick see you in the morning before heading into the room after Colby with a yawn. With a smile, Jasper headed into his room.

His head barely hit the pillow before he fell into a deep sleep. In this, he saw himself approach a large house that seemed strangely familiar, a figure watched him from the windows and inside the large house, haunting pale figures watched from afar and shadows hid behind the corners, all haunting his dreams.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

JASPER woke with a strange feeling in his gut, unable to remember anything from the dream that left him so unsettled aside from the towering house that loomed like a dark shadow over him. He shook his head and got dressed for the day, they would all be leaving the next morning. Sam and Colby had plans to go out today however Jasper personally would much rather stay in the hotel and replace memories of the strange haunted hospital with slightly cringy sitcoms.

Nonetheless, he went downstairs to get breakfast only to ram right into a wall, his mind clouded with thoughts he couldn't quite catch. He looked up and realized with wide eyes that it wasn't a wall but rather Colby Brock.

"Oh shit, sorry." He apologized, stepping back and greeting him with a tired smile. "Morning."

"It's alright." Colby chuckled, sounding even more tired than Jasper felt, "Morning." He added as an afterthought before looking him over steadily. "You know... you seem really familiar."

Jasper felt the urge to bite his tongue and ignore the familiarity that he couldn't ignore either, however with Colby standing before him acknowledging it, he couldn't ignore it, "So do you."

"Are we sure we haven't met before?" Colby asked and then with a curious look, he continued, "Where in Kansas did you say you're from?" He asked cautiously as though approaching something dangerous.

Jasper shook his head with a slight frown, "I didn't."

Colby nodded slowly, a question on the tip of his tongue when Sam approached, "Hey guys," he greeted, smiling at Jasper kindly before he looked to his friend curiously, "Colby, did you find the breakfast bar?"

His blue eyes blinked in confusion for a moment before he managed to compose himself, "Uh yeah." Colby nodded, stumbling over his words without an explanation, "Yeah, I found it."

"Cool," Sam acknowledged and then turned to Jasper, "do you want to join us?"

Jasper shrugged unable to tear his eyes from the brunette even to be polite when spoken to, "Why not? I was going to get some breakfast anyway." He eyed Colby uncertainly, but the man was now avoiding his gaze as they approached the breakfast bar.

Sam moved first and piled different types of breakfast food onto his plate and Jasper followed. Colby watched Jasper from afar, a million thoughts and questions crossing his mind as he watched the blond. Finally, he snapped himself out of it and grabbed a plate of his own, piling pancakes onto it before following the others to a table.

"So Jasper," Sam began after they started to eat, "Would you be interested in doing another video with us? Like for real."

Jasper looked up from where he was pushing his waffles around and nodded, "Yeah, honestly that sounds really cool." He smiled and met Colby's studious gaze. Colby quickly turned his gaze onto his untouched plate of food.

"Weren't you saying you were starving?" Sam questioned Colby with a confused frown.

Colby hummed in confusion, blinking slowly before nodding as he forced a bite into his mouth.

He avoided looking at Jasper so he could focus on eating but he couldn't stop himself from looking when he felt eyes on him, blue eyes met blue, and they drowned in each other from a distance.

They both had questions, and before they had been able to ignore the familiar way they were drawn to each other with a feeling that they had met before — somewhere. But now, with it out in the open, neither could ignore the pull they felt as they struggled to find the answers to their questions. It was now impossible to ignore that they knew each other from somewhere, nor could they ignore the tension that slowly rose between them, even more evident now that the camera was off and it was just two guys from Kansas, just them — Colby and Jasper.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**

1,188 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬