𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐢 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 08
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

           — "THANK YOU AGAIN, you two are such a cute couple by the way." She told them with a bright smile, she walked away before they could tell her they weren't a couple.

Left alone again, they stared at each other uncertainly until Sam approached, Colby seemed to realize he was still holding Jasper and backed off with a quiet apology.
They moved on and continued to the cafe without acknowledging anything that had happened while Sam wasn't there and if Sam noticed their gazes being drawn to each other even as they avoided looking — well, he wouldn't say anything yet.

"You guys get us a table, I'm gonna find a bathroom." Sam told them as they walked into the cafe they'd found nearby. Leaving no time for protest, he rushed away. The two glanced at each other awkwardly before Colby cleared his throat and led them through the small cafe to a table in the corner that was empty.

Taking his spot, he fought disappointment as Jasper took the seat on the opposite side of the table, however when their eyes met his disappointment faded away.

"So uh- Kansas?" Colby blurted out, forcing his gaze away from the blue eyes he nearly drowned in.

Jasper blinked in confusion, "huh?"

He cleared his throat, twisting the stylish rings on his finger around, "You didn't answer my question earlier," he said, his eyes drawn up from his hands to Jasper's lips to his face, "about where you're from?"

Jasper's gaze flickered away guiltily. "Right..."

He took a breath.

Just do it, Jasper. He told himself — Rip the bandaid off. It wasn't that big of a deal anyway, he reasoned.

"Stanley." He said finally, "Stanley, Kansas."

Colby's eyes shined with surprise as he stared at Jasper.

Before Colby could even think, or ask the question he knew was coming, the blonde spoke, "I went to Blue Valley High until Junior year, we shared a class together." He said it as fact and then added, "I think. But that summer, my parents moved. I didn't — couldn't say goodbye t-to anyone," blue eyes found blue, and the words finally escaped, "To you."

"I knew you?" Colby asked feeling strangled by the words, he knew the answer and yet he couldn't find it on his own.

He nodded. "Once." Jasper chuckled, "I looked a bit different then. Hadn't dyed my hair yet so it was brown and I had glasses for a while too so..." he told him like it was supposed to be comforting, excuses without request for why Colby didn't recognize him the moment they met again.