𝐭𝐰𝐨 - 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 02
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

  — CHATTER FILLED THE AIRPORT as Jasper made his way through, his suitcase rolling behind him. He pulled out his phone as he got out of baggage claim, the duo had gotten an earlier flight to set things up and check stuff out and were supposed to be here to pick him up now, he just had to find them.

He sighed when he realized he'd get to receive any message from either of them. He went to message them when he heard a shout down the way, he looked up to find Sam and Colby holding a sign with his name painted in red glitter.

"What the" he didn't finish his sentence though the last unsaid word echoed loudly in his mind as he approached them.

The boys were laughing before he even reached them. He couldn't help but laugh as well when he found their sweatshirts covered in red glitter.

"Whose idea was it?" He asked between his laughter. Sam pointed to Colby with a grin and he patted Colby's back with a matching grin, "I have a feeling we're gonna be real good friends."

Colby laughed his agreement before the duo led him out to the rental car. "So we've got a hotel set up not far from the location if you want to head there first." Sam said as he helped lift the suitcase into the back.

"Sounds good. Maybe I can hear some of your guys' research on the place?" He suggested, sliding into the back seat while Sam got in the drivers, Colby was already in the passenger seat as he loaded up directions.

"Of course, we're gonna leave some things as a surprise, see if we can discover them on our own." Jasper nodded in understanding and looked out the window.

Sam cursed under his breath at the confusing Texas roads. "We should've had Beau pick us up." He grumbled.

"Beau?" He asked curiously.

"We did a video with him before and became friends, he's from Texas but I think he's planning on moving to the UK with his boyfriend, Noah." Sam explained conversationally, "They're Twitch streamers." He added.

"Oh, I think I've heard of them before." Jasper hummed curiously.

"We were thinking of inviting them to join us for part of the investigation," Colby said, looking back at him for input.

Jasper only shrugged, "I'm down, it's your guy's video."

"So where you from?" Sam asked conversationally, glancing back through the rearview mirror.

"Kansas." Jasper grinned, thinking of his small town. He hadn't been back in years, not since his family had moved away during his senior year.

In the front seats, the duo's eyes widened, "We are too!" Sam exclaimed, "That's insane."