𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 23
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

       — JASPER," A voice whispered, so soft he couldn't discern if it was real or a whisper of the wind, yet it called again, "Jasper

JASPER," A voice whispered, so soft he couldn't discern if it was real or a whisper of the wind, yet it called again, "Jasper."

His feet practically floated down the hallway, there was no lights, the long, dark and creaky hallway lit only by the moonlight from the open window at the end of the hall, illuminating the walls in shades of blue.

"Jasper." The voice called again, demanding and enchanting at the same time, Jasper felt like he was drowning in the sound of it. The voice became more demanding, subsequently pushing him forward.

"Jasper." It called again, a whisper in the wind though it became more obvious that this was not merely the wind or a figment of imagination.

Jasper swallowed thickly, his head felt like it was underwater, but finally he managed to speak, "Who are you?" He asked the darkness.

The hallway seemed endless and the wind and shadows offered no answer, so he could only push forward. "Jasper." It called once more, louder and clearer than before as he finally neared the end of the hallway, the window illuminated in blue from the night sky.

His eyes drifted to the wall where a creepy painting of the original Briar family was hung, the family of four were painted in formal clothes, with the mother sat on a chair, her husband behind her, a child on her lap and another stood by her side. He blinked and their eyes began to bleed.

"Jasper!" The voice nearly screamed now, he whipped his head forward to the window and met only his reflection — no, wait, that isn't him. It's different. The hair shorter, the eyes colder, and the clothes older.

Julian Jett.

The name drifted through his mind, he could only stare at the reflection or phantom of someone other. For a moment they only watched each other and then, the figure in the window lifted his chin, narrowed his eyes and spoke firmly, "Run."

Wide eyed and heart racing, Jasper turned and ran but it was too late. No longer distracted by the voice calling out to him, he could hear the menacing, bone chilling laughter from all around, followed by a strange scraping sound like metal chains dragging on wood, both sounds grew louder and no matter how fast he ran, he knew he couldn't escape this.

These monsters, they weren't hiding in the darkness anymore, the darkness had already taken him, and now they would destroy him.

✧˖*°࿐

         COLBY shot up in bed, his heart racing as his mind registered the blood curdling scream. He threw the sheets off his bed and rushed out of his room without so much as a thought. Flinging his door open, he watched Sam's bedroom door swing open too, the blonde's hair messy from sleep and his eyes wide.