𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 18
3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

__________________

__________________

YOU'RE HERE." Colby said in surprise.

"Sam invited me." Jasper said shuffling on his feet, "I can leave?"

Colby's eyes widened in something akin to panic at the mere idea and he shook his head rapidly, "No, no. Don't." He rushed to get out and then stepped aside to let him in, "Come in." Colby met his gaze when Jasper paused uncertainly, the brunette spoke again, in a softer tone meant for only him, "Stay, please?"

Jasper nodded, "Okay." He agreed and stepped inside.

He should have expected it really, Sam said a "get together with friends" but that had been the general code name for party since they were kids. Still, he was surprised by the large crowd spread out across the downstairs floors, mainly settling in the entrance and kitchen. Most people had a drink in their hands as music played quietly in the background, low enough people could enjoy it and conversation without shouting. His eyes caught Sam in the kitchen, pouring himself another drink, and the blonde noticed him and waved with a grin before Colby caught Jasper's attention again.

"I really didn't think you'd come." Colby admitted quietly to him as he guided him to a smaller area where they'd be left alone. "I figured you were... busy when you didn't answer my texts."

Jasper winced, combing a hand through his hair anxiously, "Yeah, I was uh— busy. Didn't have my phone on me." He explained awkwardly, "I swear I wasn't ignoring you on purpose."

Colby smiled, "I know." He replied but didn't seem too sure, "It's okay." He reassured anyway, his eyes darted around before he asked, "Do you want a drink?"

"I probably—" shouldn't was right there on the tip of his tongue however when he saw a shadow passing into the hallway behind Colby — and it might've been one of the guests but it might've been one of the dark spirits that had been watching him ever since — he shook his head, clearing his thoughts as he forced himself to focus back on Colby, "You know what? Thatd be great."

"You sure?" He asked with furrowed brows.

Jasper nodded, suddenly a drink sounded amazing, "Yes. Please." He added, almost desperate for an escape, a way away from his own thoughts. Colby nodded and moved into the kitchen, standing beside Sam as he poured two drinks — one for himself and one for Jasper.