Chapter Eight

It's the day Harry is dreading; the day Liam comes home from LA. The day he leaves his house, his boyfriend, and his son. Possibly the worst day of his life.

His bags are packed and are in his and Liam's room, which he's keeping Niall out of so he doesn't ask questions.

Knowing that he's leaving Niall is probably the hardest thing out of all of this. He's become so close with the boy, and he and Liam even talked about Harry adopting him and becoming a legal parent. But now, that's no use because he and Liam will no longer be together.

So now, Harry sits and waits. He's on the couch, Niall on the floor, and a movie is playing. He stares mindlessly at the wall, hoping it will just open up and suck him in. This is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to him.

He looks down at Niall on the floor, who's playing with a truck and making noises. The sight makes him tear up because he's leaving this, all of this, and it's too much for him to think about. He has thought about it, though, and he was with a cheater before in high school and will never do that again. He just thought that Liam was the one, but he was obviously wrong.

Harry's decided that he's going to be moving in with Zayn and Marcel, his best friend and brother. They also have a son Louis, and Harry hopes that he'll be able to see Niall from time to time because he and Louis have become good friends. Hopefully, Liam will let Niall spend time with Louis.

"Papa?" Niall asks, pulling Harry out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, baby?" He asks, wiping a year from his cheek.

"When will Daddy be home?" Niall stands up and climbs into Harry's lap and cuddles into his chest.

"He'll be home soon, baby," Harry mumbles, upset that this is probably the last time he'll cuddle with Niall. He wonders if he should go upstairs and get his luggage so he won't have to do it when Liam gets back. But then he thinks that Niall will ask about it, which might be better to explain now than later. "Niall, I need to tell you something, baby..."

"What is it, Papa?" Niall sits up to look at Harry, a confused look on his face.

"Papa isn't going to live with you and Daddy anymore, baby. I'm leaving and you won't see me a lot," Harry tells him calmly, gauging the boy's reaction.

Niall tilts his head to the side in confusion. "Why not?"

"Me and Daddy broke up, babe." He wonders if Niall knows what the phrase means.

"So, you aren't living with us anymore and you and Daddy aren't going to get married?"

The question puts tears in Harry eyes and a lump forms in his throat. "No, we aren't, honey."

Niall's lip starts to wobble and Harry realizes that Niall just figured out what he was saying. "B-but I need a Papa!" He gasps out, falling into Harry's chest as he starts sobbing. "Please don't leave me, Papa! I promise I'll be good! I'm sorry for what I did!" Niall pleads.

Harry sits up and wipes a tear from his eye. "No, no, baby, you didn't do anything wrong. It's grown up business, baby, you had nothing to do with it," he tells Niall, trying to assure him that it wasn't his fault.

"You don't love Daddy anymore?"

"No, Niall, I still love Daddy very much, it's just complicated between us right now."

Niall collapses into Harry's arms and buries his head in his shoulder. "Will you ever come back?"

Harry sighs, not knowing the answer at all. "I don't know, babe. But I promise I'll try to see you as often as I can, okay?"