Chapter Twenty One

"Papa, will the baby be able to see us too?" Niall asks as their family is on the way to Harry's Doctor's appointment. This is the first time Niall is actually seeing the baby at Harry's ultrasound.

"No, Ni, the baby can't see us, we can only see them. We get to find out if you're having a sister or a brother, though," Harry says, rubbing his belly where the baby is going crazy.

"I want a little sister, because I already have Louis, I don't need a brother," Niall mumbles, drawing faces on the car window.

"We want a girl, too, baby," Liam says, looking at Niall in the rearview mirror.

"Why doesn't Louis have a little brother or sister?" Niall asks, sitting up now to look at his daddies.

"Uncle Marcie and Uncle Zayn are trying to have another baby. Do you know what 'adopt' means?" Harry asks, turning around in his seat to look at Niall.

"Do you buy a baby?" Niall's asks, giggling when Harry tickles him.

"No, it's kind of like that, but not really. It's when someone who loves their baby so much, they give them to someone else to take care of so they can have a better life. Do you remember how you're adopted?" Harry explains it in a way he hopes Niall can understand and a way that won't make Niall feel like his biological parents didn't want him.

"But you and Daddy are still my daddies, right?" Niall asks, a cute confused look on his face.

"Of course we are, baby. Me and Daddy love you so much," Harry soothes, brushing Niall's hair from his forehead.

"I love you, too," Niall giggles.

~~~~

Soon, Liam pulls the car into the parking lot of Harry's doctor's office. The three of them get out of the car, Niall holding both Liam and Harry's hands.

When they get inside and everything is settled, Harry sits in the examination room, Niall and Liam in a chair next to his bed. They sit in the quiet for a few minutes before Harry suggests that they start suggesting possible baby names, even though they already have the name picked out for either sex. He just wants something for Niall to do.

"I like the name... Morgan!" Niall suggests, giggling.

"Morgan? Who do you know who's name is Morgan?" Liam asks.

"I heard it on TV and I think it is very pretty."

"Well what other names do you like?"

Niall thinks for a minute, hand on his chin like he's thinking. "Noah, like Noah's Arc, that's my favorite story."

"I like Noah," Harry says, rubbing his belly. "Oo," he says, "The baby is kicking, do you want to feel, Ni?"

Niall nods his head frantically, climbing up on the bed beside Harry and letting Harry guide his hand on his belly. Niall starts giggle when he feels the baby, pressing his ear against his stomach, too. "Hi baby," he giggles, "I'm your big brudder. I promise I'll take care of you and always protect you," he says, sealing it with a kiss to Harry's bump. Harry wipes away the tears in his eyes as Liam leans over to kiss him.

A few minutes later, Doctor Ray comes in the room with his clipboard. "Well, Harry, everything looks good with your weight and everything," he says after he greets the family, "We get to find out the sex today, correct?"

"Yes, but we would like you to tell Niall only, we have a really cute gender reveal planned and Liam and I want to be surprised," Harry says.

"Of course, let's just get your shirt up and gel on and I'll be able to tell him," Doctor Ray says, turning on the ultrasound machine. Once the gel is on and they hear the heartbeat, Doctor Ray whispers the baby's gender in his ear, causing Niall to smile and giggle.

~~~~

"Okay, Niall, when I say, you're going to spray Daddy and Papa with the gun, okay?" The photographer says, handing Niall the gun that's filled with either blue or pink paint.

"Just don't get our eyes, okay, babe?" Liam says, a little nervous that Niall has a gun filled with paint, considering how rowdy he is.  

Niall nods, standing where the photographer tells him, Liam and Harry across from him.

He gets his gun ready and when the photographer says, he pulls the trigger, covering Liam and Harry in the paint, making them close their eyes as they feel it hit their face.

Harry starts laughing hysterically, along with Niall, the feeling of the paint cold against his skin, making Liam start laughing, too.

When Harry opens his eyes, he gasps, seeing the pink paint covering Liam and himself.

~~~~

Hey

I don't have much to say I don't think

How do y'all feel about a character ask?
Comment

Yes

No

Later

THE BABY IS A GIRRRRRRLLLLL

So, girl had about 37 votes and boy had about 29. Tbh, I was going to make it a boy bc a girl is so cliche, but someone made an excellent point that this story has no girls, which I didn't even realize 😂😅

So that's fun

VOTE ON CHARACTER ASK

VOTE COMMENT FAN SHARE

LOVE Y'ALL

~~ GRACIE