Chapter Twelve

"Welcome home," Liam says, opening the door to his mansion. Harry walks in behind him, Niall on his hip and his suitcase from Zayn and Marcel's being lugged behind him.

"It's good to be back," Harry mumbles, dropping the suitcase before he collapses on the couch. Liam falls down beside him and the three sit in silence for a few minutes. "I'm sorry," Harry says once he's figured out what he wants to say.

"Babe, I told you not to apologize anymore. Just forget about it and let's move on..."

"I can't-" Harry's nostrils flare and he runs his fingers through Niall's hair. "Baby, can you go play upstairs so Daddy and I can talk, please?"

Niall shakes his head, cuddling a teddy to chest. "Daddy got hurt last time," he mumbles.

"Baby, I promise I won't hurt Daddy." Harry kisses Niall's forehead before the boy nods and gets off the couch, running upstairs.

"Harry..."

"Liam, this is all my fault. You getting hurt was my fault and I just- Ugh!" Harry buries his face in his hands, tugging at his hair.

"Babe, I need you to calm down. I'm fine, Niall's fine, and you're fine; that's all that matters. I just want to forget and move on. Natalie has been arrested so I don't ever want to speak of this ever again, understand?" Harry nods, so Liam places a small kiss on his lips. "Now, I have a surprise for you..."

Liam leaves the room but comes back a minute later with papers in his hands. "Harry," he says, handing him the paper before he sits next to him, "I want you to be Niall's other legal father..." He says, which makes tears gather in Harry's eyes.

"Are you serious?" Harry chokes, looking down at the papers.

"Of course I am. I was going to give these to you when I got him from LA but you left. And I know it's strange that I'm asking you to do this because we might break up and then we'd have to do the whole custody thing, but," Liam takes a breath and climbs to get down on one knee, pulling out the velvet box, "-but I want to marry you and I don't ever want to break up. I love you and I think that's all that matters. Will you marry me and be Niall's dad, Harry Styles?"

Harry is certainly surprised, his hands covering his mouth as he sobs. He sees Niall standing in the doorway beaming and it makes him laugh. "Of course I'll marry you!" Harry exclaims, standing up and pulling Liam with him. He pulls him into a kiss and feels Niall attack his legs.

Harry and Liam hear Niall giggling so they pull apart and Harry leans down and picks him up. "Baby, me and Daddy are getting married!" Harry says, kissing Niall all over his face.

Niall giggles and claps his hands. "Finally!"

And yes, finally, things are the way they should be.

~~~~

I'm thinking of deleting all of my books.