𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐍𝐘

(A/N: I SWEAR NEXT CHAPTER WILL FOCUS ON STEVEPOP. I JUST NEED TO FOCUS ON JOHNNYBOY BC JOHNNY IS IN A COMA)

— "I'll make dally watch one. I promise Johnnycakes." I heard Ponyboy say. I wanted to smile so bad but I couldn't. Instead of listening to Gone With the Wind, I put all my focus to waking up. Nothing. So, I just listen to him reading to me.

He read the note. But never told me if he liked me back. I didn't want to ruin my relationship with him...

After he left, what feels like hours go by until someone else walks in. I recognized his footsteps. Sodapop. What was he doing here? Not that I was complaining.

"Hey Johnnycakes. I hope you wake up soon...Ponyboy only has been getting out of bed to see you. But when he came back home, he didn't immediately crash into bed. He's showin dally something. The sunset is real pretty tonight. Ponyboy probably wishes you could see it. I try to understand." —Sodapop softly chuckles— "It might sound weird but the sunset reminds me of my parents."

"Some people are protesting that you were trying to protect Ponyboy. Not kill a soc. I agree...I wanted to um...thank you. Ponyboy and Darry are the only people I have left; and you saved Ponyboy's life. Even if you did kill a soc. Thank you for saving his life, Johnnycakes. He loves you a lot." Soda says.

Sodapop was thankful for...me? I was just some stupid greaser. A murderer. A dark puppy. An abused child.

I'm not a hero.

Sodapop left soon after. Hours pass and someone walked in. I didn't recognize their footsteps at first. It was too heavy to be Darry, two-bit, Steve, or dally. They weren't light. So it wasn't Ponyboy or sodapop...who was it? I smelled alcohol. A lot of it. Then I realized.

It's my old man.

The next day, Ponyboy comes to visit me. "Hey Johnnycakes— wha— who did this?" Ponyboy touches my face. It hurt. But I couldn't wince or anything.

"I'm going to find out who did this. I promise." The thing is, Ponyboy never breaks a promise. But if he found out my dad this, god knows what my old man will do to him.

— months pass. The only reason why I know 5 months has passed is because I fell into a coma in July. The gang is now talking about Christmas when they visit me. Yesterday, they came to visit me for Christmas Eve. Meaning today is Christmas. The six boys walked into my room.

"Merry Christmas, Johnny." Two-bit says. They started opening up presents from each other and telling me what they got. I wanted to spend Christmas with them. Really badly.

After they opened all the presents, I heard footsteps walking away after Ponyboy asked for privacy. I felt a present being put on my chest. "I uhm...got you something." Ponyboy started. "I'll... I'll help you open it..." my heart broke. I just wanted for him to be happy.

I heard wrapping paper being ripped. He pulled out the item. "It's a necklace...I worked real hard for the money for it...silver fits you real well...it was $10.50. Quite a lot." Ponyboy awkwardly chuckles. Why would he spend so much? He held my hand. I tried to squeeze it and I kept trying to until—

"Johnny?!"

I finally opened my eyes. I actually opened them. The light poured into my eyes and I saw a familiar blond hovering over me. "JOHNNY!" Ponyboy hugged me, crying. I smile and hug him. "Hold on— I need to get a nurse! This is the best Christmas!" Ponyboy said, running out. Not even a second later, the gang came running in.

The least expected person to hug someone was the first to hug me. Dallas Winston.

Dally wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly, completely breaking his tough act. "Dal?" He realized and quickly pulled away, going back to being "tough". I chuckle before pulling him into my arms. He freezes before hugging me again. The doctor came in with Ponyboy.

— after hours the doctor finally told us news. "So— we don't know if Johnny will be able to walk again. Not even on crutches because of the impact on his back. But there's a 50% chance if he does lots of physical therapy— and I mean years— he might be able to walk again." The doctor says.

"How much would it probably cost?" Darry says. "My guess is— maybe thirty dollars?" I froze. No way Darry was gonna spend that much just so I can get out of a damn wheelchair.

"Is there any physical therapy places round here?" Darry asks. Was he actually gonna pay for me?

No Johnny. He probably just wants to tease you or something.

"Yeah. 2 blocks from here, take a right you should see it." The doctor says. Darry nods, making a mental note. (A/N: I don't know my way around Tulsa at all and I suck at directions so bare with me)

"C-Can I speak with Johnny alone?" Ponyboy says quietly. "Sure little buddy." Sodapop replies; everyone leaves the room. Leaving me and Ponyboy alone.

"Uhm...about the letter..." oh. Great here comes the rejection and homophobia.

"I'm sorry about that, maybe there's still a chance we could be fr—" I got cut off by Ponyboy kissing me. I was in shock for a few seconds before kissing back. It was romantic and slow. Time stopped. We both enjoyed each other's lips and how they taste. Mint, cigarettes, and vanilla. I don't think I could ever forget how pony's lips taste.

So this is love? Love is way better than I thought...he finally pulled away and I let myself relax, it was hard to sit up for any longer. "After you get out of the hospital...do you maybe want to...go on a date with me?" I smile and nod.

"We locked lips and you think I'd say no?" Ponyboy shrugs and we share some giggles; we look into each other's eyes as we calm down.

— A week passes and I was finally out of the hospital. Today was my last day without physical therapy for years. Ponyboy pushed my wheelchair to the lot. He picked me up and put me on the couch with ease.

We started stargazing; Ponyboy pointed out one of the constellations. I looked up. "It looks like a frog." I say. "I see a horse—" we both giggle; we make eye contact and slowly stop giggling. Our faces get closer before I close the gap and we share another kiss.

Darry and sodapop will have my head if they find out we are dating.