𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐍𝐘

(A/N: these next few chapters are gonna be short I apologize)

— After Ponyboy, it was my turn. I rolled my wheelchair into Sodapop's room to see him sitting on the bed. We didn't have a strong bond. But he was still apart of the gang and I'm dating his kid brother. I sigh and wheel my wheelchair to his bed. He smiles at me and I smile back. "C-Can I...?" He chuckles. "Go for it."

"Well...I'm dating your kid brother..." he nods in response, being patient with me. "Everybody says I'm a little dark puppy that has been kicked too many times and lost in a crowd of strangers...I'm 16. My mom ignores me and my dad beats me..." —Sodapop frowned at what I was saying— "I accidentally killed somebody..." His eyes went wide. "No no I swear I ain't bad or anythin! They was drownin pony." His brows furrowed. He made an understanding face.

"We ran away to the church...until dally came and got us...you wrote that letter to pony, remember?" He shakes his head no. I wheel my wheelchair to pony's and soda's old shared bedroom. I grab the letter and wheel back. I start reading it to him.

"Ponyboy,

Well I guess you got into some trouble, huh? Darry and me nearly went nuts when you ran out like that. Darry is awfully sorry he hit you. You know he didn't mean it. And then you and Johnny turned up missing and what with that dead kid in the park and Dally getting hauled into the station, well it scared us something awful. The police came by to question us and we told them as much as we could. I can't believe little old Johnny could kill somebody. I know Dally knows where you are, but you know him. He keeps his trap shut and wont tell me nothing. Darry hasn't got the slightest notion where your at and it's nearly killing him. I wish you'd come back and turn your selves in but I guess you can't since Johnny might get hurt. You sure are famous. You got a paragraph in the newspaper even. Take care and say hi to Johnny for us.

Sodapop Curtis."

"Your spelling could be a little better—" I admit. He chuckles.

"Anyway, we went to Dairy Queen and when we came back, the church was on fire. Me and Ponyboy ran in...he came out...and the roof fell on top of me...and I fell into a coma. One day you came into my room and said something to me." Sodapop listens to every word I say.

""Hey Johnnycakes. I hope you wake up soon...Ponyboy only has been getting out of bed to see you. But when he came back home, he didn't immediately crash into bed. He's showin dally something. The sunset is real pretty tonight. Ponyboy probably wishes you could see it. I try to understand. It might sound weird but the sunset reminds me of my parents. Some people are protesting that you were trying to protect Ponyboy. Not kill a soc. I agree...I wanted to thank you. Ponyboy and Darry are the only people I have left; and you saved Ponyboy's life. Even if you did kill a soc. Thank you for saving his life, Johnnycakes. He loves you a lot."" I remember what he said word for word because I never knew how thankful sodapop was for me.

(A/N: plus I didn't feel like rewriting it so I just copied and pasted and removed the uhm)

"And the fire is how you can't walk..." Sodapop says. I nod. "I remember everything...I remember you Johnnycakes..." I smile widely.