𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐘

TWO YEARS LATER : 1975

(A/N: sense it doesn't mention it the song above is their song)

— I brought Johnny to the lot to propose. I just wanted it to be simple and sweet. But I was nervous as hell. I grabbed the ring and I went to the kitchen in our shared house. Johnny was eating a bowl of cereal. "My love." He looked up at me. "Cmonnnnn. We oughta get goingggggg." I whine, dragging out my words. "Hold on I'm almost done eating." He reassures. I nod and sit by him.

After he eats, we get into the car. I start driving and we share comfortable silence. The sun was about to start setting. "Where are we going?" He chuckles. "You'll see, love." He just nods. We arrive at the lot, earning a chuckle from Johnny. "This ol' lot?" I nod in response. We get out of the car and go and sit on the couch. We watch the sunset.

"Pretty innit?" I nod in response. "Mhm." He chuckles. We continue to watch the sunset.

"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."

Johnny chuckles. "Stay gold." I smile and kiss him. For us it was another form of I love you. He kisses back.

Once we break apart, I take a deep breath before getting on one knee. He was shocked. "Johnny...I love you so much...Will you marry me?" He nods and we hug each other tightly before kissing.

— Our wedding day came around fairly quickly. Darry ended up walking Johnny down the aisle like how he did with Dally.

I was so excited for us to be married. And when I heard, "You may kiss the groom." I immediately kissed Johnny and he kissed back.

" I immediately kissed Johnny and he kissed back

(A/N: this is the closest gif I could find LOL)

——

A/N:

The gangs rolls in their wedding:

Dally - Johnnys best man
Sodapop - Ponyboy's best man
Darry - walked Johnny down the aisle
Two-bit - flower boy (very sassy one)
Steve - brought the rings to the front