Chapter 4. Tension

After a few days of getting used to my new life I felt better, and went through my morning routine without a nervous breakdown which was a huge feat. 

I threw on a pair of black pressed pants, my dress shoes, and a green pin striped button down. I had a little trouble with the tie, it ended up short and bulky but it still looked okay to me.

Returning to the office early, I placed a cup of coffee on the Kitsune, Jiro's, desk. As I had seen Kirishima do.

I placed one on Mina's desk, Kirishima's, and lastly Mr. Bakugou's. As I was sneaking back to my office I noticed Mr. Bakugou's lingering scent. It was still fresh as if he had been here just before me.

Strange, I didn't see him.

In fact I hadn't seen anyone. Was his scent really that strong, or-

A small gasp escaped me as the door to his office opened while I still hovered near the doors leading to mine. Paralyzed, I froze with my hand still outstretched toward the door handle.

I smelled him before I saw him. 

Oh my….

Mr. Bakugou had walked in wearing gray sweats, and a black beater revealing all of his muscles from his chest to his shoulders down his arms.

Sweat beaded his forehead. His Scent was stronger now due to the exertion of a workout. It was enticing and enthralling, and beckoning my inner Omega.

Oh dear… I bit my lip to keep from mewling.

He dabbed his face with the white towel draped around his neck, and paused as he noticed the coffee on his desk. Without even needing me to make a sound, his crimson eyes followed my trail back to where I stood with my hand still reaching for the door like a statue frozen in time.

Busted.

"O-oh, h-hi! I mean g-good morning! Uh, Sir!" I straightened completely and felt my arm raise into a salute.

Mr. Bakugou raised a single beguiled brow before reaching for the coffee.

"Conference room in ten." He gave me a once over before turning on his heel and leaving with a shake of his head.

With my tail literally between my legs I closed my office door behind me and smacked my forehead and cringed.

"Did I really salute him?" I groaned.

An overwhelming feeling of defeat fell on my shoulders. I had ruined my competent image so early in the day. I slumped in my computer chair and skimmed the files for the meeting and put them into a folder before emailing them to Mr. Bakugou. 

A swift knock sounded on my door before it opened. My ears perked up at the sound and I peered around the hologram of my computer to see Kirishima poking his head inside and waving the cup of coffee in thanks.

A smile spread across my cheeks as I finished sending the email and rose to greet him.

"Thanks, I was running late and didn't have time to stop. Glad you're on top of things." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I don't know about that. I don't think our boss, Mr. Bakugou likes me very much." I admitted. He avoided me at best for the last few days and often locked himself in his office.

"Nah, you really impressed him at that meeting the other day. And you've gone above and beyond in all of your assignments. Bakugou can be a hard ass, but he does know how to appreciate a hard worker." Kirishima explained. 

"Then why does he keep avoiding me? Did I do something to offend him?" I asked, hoping I wasn't overstepping my bounds.

Kirishima was quiet and thoughtful for a long moment before he released a long sigh and rubbed the scales on the back of his neck.