Chapter 7. Coping

⚠️ Possible trigger warning ahead. Dealing with trauma and sexual assault ⚠️

It was going to be a long night.

I had left the Pup in my room and hid in the guest room like a coward. I didn't want to or mean to abandon him when he was so vulnerable, but I couldn't trust myself around him.

The way the water clung to his hair and adorably floppy ears, and glistened on his freckled skin...made me flustered.

I had scooped him off of the shower floor terrified he was going into shock and I didn't know what to do. I had been relieved when he came to his senses, but I also had the small thought in the back of my mind that he was naked in my bed.

That thought lingered in my mind now.

I stared up at the ceiling of the guest room and blew a long agitated breath between my lips.

This was not good for my Rut. I was taking medication like it was my job now, but there was something about him. Something about this Pup that had a way of breaking past all of those barriers. His scent had a way of pushing past the medication and dove into my senses. My head was practically swimming with lust.

That's just what he needs. Me coming onto him after being attacked.

"Real fucking nice." I muttered digging the heels of my palms over my eyes. I disgusted even me.

Unable to sleep I headed downstairs to the bar near the kitchen where I grabbed a dark bottle of Grand Marnier, a whiskey glass and a clear cut ice cube.

Grand Marnier was usually used in mixed drinks, but now, I poured the orange flavored liquor over the single cube in the short glass and grabbed an orange from the bowl on the counter, and peeled the rind off causing it to curl and dropped the zest into the glass.

I sipped the liquid and reveled in the burn that followed as it slid down my throat. I felt a little better after a few sips.

I was still harboring feelings of anger and rage, and hatred. I wanted to kill that bastard for putting his filthy hands on Midoriya. Seeing the bruises and the damage he caused to the pup filled me with rage.

Closing my eyes I drew in a deep breath and held it for a few seconds. I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me. If I ended up in prison it wouldn't be good for anyone.

My eyes opened and glanced up to the loft where the bedrooms were. Guilt welled up inside of me.

Midoriya needed someone to be there. To hold him, and tell him everything was going to be okay.

That was something I could never do. I wasn't good at expressing emotions. I wasn't good at being empathetic, or sympathetic. I didn't know how to do that soft, stuff.

Then why do I want to?

That odd sensation rose in my chest again subsiding the burn of the alcohol. I was being drawn to the bedrooms upstairs. I was being drawn to the pup in my bedroom.

It was like wearing a collar and someone was pulling on the leash. I had no choice. I had to follow.

Downing the contents of the glass, I slammed it down, not hard enough to break the glass, but enough to rattle the melting ice cube inside.

"Fuck." I grunted.

Following the invisible tether that drew me to the puppy, I stood outside of my door unsure of what to do next.

Lifting my hand I went to knock when I heard a sniffle followed by a sob come from the other side of the door.

The sound tore through me. I had the strongest urge to wrap him in my arms until it all went away.