Chapter 8. Heat

I rose the next morning to find the bed beside me empty. I could feel the cool sheets against my skin.

Bakugou had left sometime ago. Peering through half lidded eyes, I glanced at the alarm clock and could see that it was well into the early afternoon.

"Holy crow!" I jumped out of the bed and in his baggy clothes rushed downstairs. I couldn't feel his presence as I usually could. The apartment felt empty. His scent though potent wasn't fresh. He had left the apartment.

"What do I do now?" I frowned as my stomach grumbled.
"You hush. I didn't ask you." I growled.

"Ask me what?" Bakugou's husky voice suddenly came from behind me causing me to nearly jump out of my skin and raised the fur on my tail.

I spun around to see him standing behind me in black fitted jeans, and a black button down shirt with the sleeves rolled back. His tail swished behind him curiously.

Whoa.

"I-I-I uh..." I couldn't form a sentence. My heart was racing and my head was reeling. His scent was suddenly overwhelming and I had to press my thighs together.

"I picked up some groceries. I thought it best to let you sleep." He chewed his lip in an adorable way. His canine ears twitched.

He placed bags on the counter and my curiosity got the better of me. I peered into the bags to see breakfast fixings and cold cuts to make sandwiches among other fruits, vegetables, and meats.

Whoa is he having a party or something?

"I didn't know if you wanted breakfast or lunch, and I didn't really know what your tastes were, so I sort of got a little of everything." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's great thank you." I beamed at him to which he quickly turned away.

"I uh-have some stuff I have to do, but I don't want you to leave." He put away the groceries without even looking in my direction. I could see the pink dusting his cheeks.

"You don't?" I tilted my head in a puppy like manner.

"No. I-we- I have something I need to talk to you about, but I really do have some things I have to get done first. I was hoping I could bribe you with dinner to stay." He clapped his hands over his face clearly embarrassed.

"You want me to stay for dinner, so we can talk?" I pieced his words together.
"And the food was to bribe me to stay?"

"Yes." He cleared his throat licking his canines irritably. I had a sense he was flustered and uncomfortable.

"Okay. Um what should I do while you're gone?" I asked.

"Help yourself to anything. The remote for the TV is on the coffee table. There's a private gym, the jacuzzi, pool, video games I never play, take your pick." He shrugged.

"I-I should probably go home to change." I scratched my floppy ear nervously.

"You can wear my clothes until I get back. I'll buy you some more." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"That's not necessary. You don't have to spend money on me." I waved my hands.

Without a word Bakugou closed the distance between us and stood over me. The Omega in me wanted to bow to my Alpha. Instead I swallowed looking up at him as his spicy scent surrounded me in a cloud.

"I want to. Besides I don't want you going out there alone. Not -not when you smell like that." His voice was deep and gruff. His eyes were slightly glazed. The Alpha in him was trying to break free. It wanted to claim me for itself.