Chapter 6. Penthouse

After driving for a little while we stopped in front of a tall building. I blinked a few times gathering my bearings.

Wait a second...

"Um, this is the office." I pointed out trying not to sound disappointed we weren't actually going to his place. I was grateful enough for the ride. I didn't want to sound weirdly fixated on going to his home.

"Mhm." He nodded, pulling into a parking garage beside the building.

I could still sense something off about him. There was a dark raging storm brewing under his silence. I could feel it. I could see it. His shoulders were tense. His muscles were tightly coiled and ready to spring into action. His face was scrunched with his furrowed brows, and tight frown. He was practically carved from stone. There was a dark shadow crossing his stoney features that had me worried.

Not for me, but for him.

It didn't help that his scent was overwhelming with his high emotions. It had an odd calming effect on me in the car, but now that he had left to open my door for me, I suddenly was swept up in anxiety.

Bakugou helped me out of the car, and even adjusted his jacket around my shoulders to keep me covered. His expression was hard but his actions were gentle.

We entered a side elevator. It wasn't as fancy as the gold ones inside the office building but still nice and clean, and also needed a card key to open. He used his special card inside the elevator before we ascended.

We stood in silence as the elevator rose. Taking us to our destination. Glancing at the panel I noticed we had passed the floor of our office.

"Uh-" Before I could ask where we were going we emerged in a nice foyer. The walls matched the color scheme of the offices. Gray flooring, darker gray walls with warm brown bamboo door frame. Two palms were in orange planters on either side of the frosted glass door. A single wrought-iron chandelier hung from above.

"I'm confused." I admitted aloud. Bakugou glanced at me over his shoulder. A silver key in his hand.

"About what?" He asked. Clearly my confusion had puzzled him.

"You said we were going to your place, but you took me to the office. I've never been to this floor before, but I'm confused because- what's so funny?" I asked, feeling a little miffed that he found my befuddlement amusing. He had snorted and chuckled as his shoulder shook with quiet laughter.

"Ah, yeah I wasn't clear. This IS my place." He used the key to open the door and I stepped inside to an incredible penthouse.

The floors were the same polished gray wood. The white walls were decorated with black frames of colorful art pieces. To my left was an open kitchen with checkered backsplash and stainless steel appliances. An island with tall black bar stools held a bowl of oranges, lemons and limes.

A glass dining table with six black velvet seats was adjacent to the kitchen beneath a large white geometric chandelier. Opposite of the dining area was a lowered section where two steps down was a living space.

There was a light gray sectional sofa with a dark blue throw and matching pillows facing a white brick fireplace. Built into the wall was a flatscreen. Beside the fireplace was an armchair and floor lamp. The chandelier above matched the one in the dining room.

Different sized candles were placed on a glass coffee table. Much like the office, the back wall of the penthouse was completely made of glass and overlooked the city.

Sliding doors opened to a balcony with a built in fire pit along with an outdoor wicker seating group with green cushions. Large potted plants were scattered around the balcony to mimic an oasis. Behind that I could make out a swimming pool with a jacuzzi.