Chapter 12. I Hate Mondays

My hands rubbed soothing circles on my temples. The throbbing ache in my head was only getting worse despite my best efforts.

I fucking hate Mondays.

Reaching into the desk drawer I yanked out a small white bottle and shook three pills onto my palm.

Headache medication usually did absolutely nothing for me, but I was desperate. I had a headache since I dropped the Pup back home yesterday.

Probably because I'm worried about the runt.

Admitting it to myself was easier thought than said aloud. Kirishima already came into my office three times to check up on me.

Knock. Knock.

Four times.

"What the hell do you want now?" I groaned with less bite than I wanted.

"Midoriya emailed me. He isn't feeling well and won't be able to make it in today. As head of HR, I told him it was fine and he should get some rest. He expects to be up and about tomorrow. He even sent me his new phone number in case I need to get in contact with him." Kirishima read the same email that I had already read twice in the last few minutes.

I knew the pup wasn't coming in. I wasn't completely expecting him to. He had said he'd feel well enough by Tuesday once his meds have a chance to get back into his system.

Still a small part of me had hoped that he might show up.

"I already know that. He sent me the same email." I rolled my eyes.
"So what do you really want?" I asked, shooting him a pointed look over my holographic computer screen.

"Alright you got me." He held his hands up in surrender.
"Just checking in on you to be honest. I know you and Midoriya kind of- went through it this weekend, and I wanted to see how you were holding up."

"I'm fine. Just have twice the amount of work because my assistant isn't here today." I lied. I did have a lot of work to get through but I couldn't focus on one thing long enough to do anything productive. I was constantly thinking about the pup and how he was doing right now.

Hence my headache.

"Do you maybe want me to call him and check up on him? See if he needs anything?" Kirishima prodded.

A low growl rumbled in my chest.

"No." I glared at him.

"Oh, did you want to do that?" He fluttered his lashes teasingly.

"And why would I do that?" I sighed when he plopped onto one of the two chairs in front of my desk.

"Because he's clearly the reason your so distressed today. Can't have the boss unwell and stressed out. Well more than usual." He shrugged.

"You're serious." I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Look, Bakugou, I know you were freaking out about Midoriya this weekend. I haven't seen you that upset in a long time. Maybe it will ease your mind a little to just give him a call, or ask if he needs anything and then you won't have to worry so much. Might give you some peace of mind." He sat straighter to make his point more sincere.

"I hate you almost as much as I hate Mondays." I gave him a droll look.

"I know. I'll leave you to it." He winked before finally leaving me alone.

I stared at the phone on my desk and scowled. Midoriya's email was still open.

An email would be more professional. I bit my lip. Cursing aloud, I snatched my phone off of the desk and shoved my chair back. I waltzed over to the floor to ceiling windows and stared at the city below.