Chapter 10. Dinner

I could almost touch Bakugou's absence. His warmth and and comforting scent followed him out of the room.

Lying naked in his bed, I stared up at the ceiling. My chest heaved as I breathed in and out, replaying the events that just happened.

Embarrassment rose from my neck and turned my face red as it reached the top of my floppy ears. Clapping my hands over my cheeks my mouth gaped open in shock.

I-I just had sex with my boss!!

*(Bakugou cooking below looks up at the ceiling hearing the Pup squawk, and smirks with a shake of his head.)*

"Ohmygod, I- I just had sex with my boss. What was I thinking?!" I gasped, jolting upright into a sitting position.

Deep down I knew that was just the thing. I hadn't been thinking. The Heat completely took over my body. I had almost no control. All I wanted was relief. To give into the Heat. To mate.

Bakugou had even tried to resist when I could clearly see, and smell that he wanted to do anything but.

Glancing down at the bruises on my arms, I frowned. He hadn't hurt me. Not in the slightest. I could sense he was holding back. He even pulled out before he could knot me.

He held back because he knew I would be afraid. Afraid after what happened in the alley. He was protecting me.

He was an Alpha. He could have just commanded me to sleep with him and being in such a state I would have given in without question, but he didn't.

Why?

***

The pup's scent lingered on my skin. It was all I could do not to go back upstairs and have my way with him.

A few minutes ago the shower had turned on. I could picture the water cascading down his naked freckled body. My hands running up and down his soft skin as steam rose around us.

"What the actual fuck?" I grunted pouring rum over the bananas in the pan. I was making Banana's Foster for dessert.

I leaned back as the pan ignited as the alcohol burned off. As the fire died down and the sugar began to caramelize I assembled the plate and scowled at the perfect dessert.

Setting the table I thought about what happened between me and the pup.

How could I give in so easily? I've denied Rut's before. I've gotten through them without so much as a few damn shots of meds.

So what's different now?

I wondered if I gave in so easily because this Rut has been the worst I've ever experienced.

No. It has something to do with...him.

Breathing deeply I could smell him. I turned around to find him in a pair of green shorts and black T-shirt I had bought him. He was staring at me with an incredulous look on his face.

"Wow, did you make all of this?" He gasped seeing the spread I placed on the dining room table.

I had made some vegetable spring rolls, clear soup, spiced curry with rice, and pork tenderloin with teriyaki sauce. Of course I had made the Bananas Foster dessert as well. It's a quick and simple dish to make. I wasn't sure how much time I had left before he came down.

"No the chef made it." I rolled my eyes placing the dessert dish down.

"You have a chef?" He gasped again. His eyes widened.

"Of course not. I can cook for myself. " I barked, but pulled out a chair for him to sit.

He took the offered chair hesitantly, and only after I had taken my own seat across from him. We stared at the untouched food for a long minute unsure of what to say.