Chapter 11. Awkward Goodbyes

Standing alone in the shower, I closed my eyes as the cold water rushed down my shoulders. My hands braced on the cool tiles as I lowered my head in shame.

I had almost lost control again.

My eyes fluttered open as I pressed my fingertips against my lips.

I kissed him.

He kissed me back.

It had started because I overheard his conversations on the phone. I couldn't help myself. My feet were moving before I could think.

I scared the Pup and caused him to nearly drown. Dripping wet, gasping for air, his bottomless eyes staring through to my soul; he was just too enticing.

Grabbing his neck, I had pulled him in for a kiss. At first he had gasped in surprise. The sound was muffled by my lips, but then...he kissed me back.

He sunk into the kiss scooting closer to the edge of the pool where I was still standing in the shallow end. His arms wrapped around my shoulders drawing me into him.

Panting, I drew back as a soft whimper escaped his plump lips. I could smell his pheramones potency increasing. He was having another wave of his Heat.

Dammit.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled before climbing out of the pool. Dripping wet, I sloshed back into the penthouse and locked myself in the bathroom.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Maybe having him stay here was a bad idea.

I shook the thought from my head. I couldn't imagine him going through this kind of Heat on his own. The Alpha in me growled in response too. He wouldn't allow the pup to leave either.

Still I can't just avoid him while he's staying here.

"Fuck." I sighed running my fingers through my wet hair to scratch my pointed ears.

Leaving the shower, I changed into a pair of basketball shorts and a black tank top. Barefoot, I followed my nose to find the pup. He was holed up in my room likely afraid I'd try to jump him.

Dammit.

Knocking twice I waited for a response. He shyly allowed entry. Opening the door I found him sitting in the middle of the bed in fresh red plaid boxers and a white t-shirt. His knees were drawn into his chest. His tail was tucked beside him.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine."

Lie.

"The truth." I demanded. He shrank under my alpha command and sighed.

"I'm more trouble for you than I'm worth. Maybe tomorrow it would be best if I went home. I- I have regular meds to refill that can help me deal with this better. I'll be good as new in a couple of days. I'll even be able to go to work by Tuesday." He mumbled.

Hearing his words, my heart sank into my stomach.

"Is that what you want?" I asked through clenched teeth, unable to look at him. The Alpha in me was howling not to let him go, but I was in control and I just wanted what was best for him.

"Y-yes." He stammered.

"Okay. I'll take you home tomorrow." Defeated my tail drooped as well as my ears as I left him alone to get some sleep. The door clicked closed behind me with a resounding echo of finality.

***

Tears rolled down my cheeks watching Bakugou walk away. He looked like a wounded puppy. And I would know. It was exactly how I felt.