Chapter 15 - THE PAST

Leanne felt a bit strange, as she felt Max's room the next morning or rather afternoon, her things collected and kissing him goodbye before opening the door of his room. Rolling her eyes, as Max pulled her at the waist back inside to close the door once more, for a few more kisses while leaning against the door, Leanne just shook her head.

"Let me go." She told Max playfully, complaining about being boxed in despite wanting it so dearly. She never wanted to leave Max's arms, not when he was making her feel like this.

"Really?" Max asked her teasingly, causing Leanne to shake her head no, before forcing her smile of her lips so she could kiss him properly again. Her arms were slung around his strong shoulders holding onto him tightly while they kissed passionately.

"I really need to go though." Leanne uttered, as they were just leaning against each other, their noses and foreheads touching. Kissing her softly once more, Max let go of her and nodded, before stepping aside and opening the door for her. Getting on her tiptoes, she kissed Max once more goodbye, before silently moving down the corridor and getting into her shoes and getting bag, she looked over her shoulder once more and waved at Max, who just huffed amused, liking her way more than he should.

Leanne was still smiling brightly, as she closed the door to their home behind herself, only to freeze the moment she turned around to find Jos Verstappen standing there, car keys in hands, her smile fell from her face.

"Jos." She greeted a bit breathless, but the older Dutchman did not say a word, he just nodded at his car. "Get inside. We need to have a little talk." He added, causing Leanne to consider to run back inside to Max, but that wouldn't do any good.

"What for?" She wanted to know, causing the man to huff, before opening the passenger door.

"I'm not asking again." He let her know, causing Leanne to look at him for a moment, before she moved to do as he had asked, climbing into the passenger seat, Leanne watched as Jos rounded the car and got into the driver's seat.

They were driving for a long while in silence, Leanne noticed that Jos was leaving the city, but she did not know where he wanted to do.

"What am I doing in this car?" Leanne asked after another moment of silence, after she couldn't take it anymore.

"I figure telling you to fucking stay away from my son won't do the job."

"So, you're killing me?" She asked totally honest, causing Jos to glance at her for a moment, before laughing.

"Ridiculous girl." He chastised. "I will give you the reason why you have to stay away from him. Forever." Jos let her know before he drove off the street and down a little path in the forest, now Leanne was sure he would kill her, he just didn't want her to think that because she could try to run away if she knew.

"We will talk here." Jos suddenly told here, standing in the middle of nowhere, before he got out of the car and Leanne really considered climbing over into the driver's seat and just driving up, but before she could decide if she wanted to do that or not, Jos already opened the passenger door.

"You might stay seated for what I have to tell you." Jos said, causing Leanne to look up at him, confused but still a bit scared and cautious.

"I was friends with your father long before any of you were born, long before I had my own kids, and I knew your mum back then too. We had an affair." Jos pointed out, causing Leanne's eyes to widen, maybe he doesn't want to kill her after all.

"It went on for a long time. It never really stopped not even when your mother and father decided to have children." The Dutchman pointed out which caused something in Leanne's brain to short circle while her stomach turned.