Chapter 29 - THE PRESENT

"What the fuck was that? What did you do?! You promised me to make sure I would be alright. That you would righten the wrong." Isa yelled at Leanne the moment she stepped back into the lounge where her sister had been waiting for her, just as her team and the Red Bull team had been waiting for their own drivers.

"I did, in a way." Leanne told Isa, about to walk past her, but Isa was quick to get a hold of her sister's arm. Just as Max and Checo entered the lounge as well, having left the stage just after Leanne.

"You just said it isn't your problem." Isa yelled.

"Because it isn't." Leanne replied easily, which had Isa's eyes widen. Not expecting her sister to just brush her off and go her own way, because frankly Leanne had never done so before. No matter how big the mess was Isa found herself in, Leanne was always right there to pull her out of it. She was always there to support and to safe her.

„Isa just ..." Leanne trailed off and in that moment Max thought that she would let Isa get away with it once more. That she thought about it again and decided that a confrontation was the last thing she wanted, but then Leanne titled her head and Max knew it wasn't over just yet. For once, Leanne Van der Verden had decided not to let off her sister easily. She would make sure Isa understood her own wrong doing and how displeased Leanne actually was about it all.

"I know you don't mean to be cruel, I know that, but that doesn't mean you are kind. That doesn't mean that the way you behave is even moderately alright." Leanne told Isa, as the younger Van der Verden daughter looked the lounge as if she was searching for someone, who could translate her sister's words into a language she understood. She looked around as if Leanne was so far off with what she said, Isa couldn't even believe her to say it in the first place.

Isa just huffed and turned away from her sister fully as if to ask the other people in the room if they could believe what Leanne accused her off, but Leanne didn't go for the bait, she didn't move to be in her sight. Her gaze was on nothing special, the anger over her little sister's uncalled-for rudeness stopped her from turning around and searching for Isa's gaze.

She couldn't even look at her, the fear too great that she could see something in her eyes she wouldn't be able to forgive. Isa doesn't mean her cruelty, not truly. Her heart is good, Leanne knew that. She was just spoiled. Isa was just too used to getting what she wanted. She was just a bit too mindless of others, a bit too careless of the damage she dealt.

All these terrible trades grew over her heart like poison ivy, having and iron grip on it.

"You weren't kind." Her older sister said again, the resentment over having to admit to these words after turning a blind eye to her sister's behaviour for so long pulled at Leanne's heartstrings. She still believed her sister to be a good person, even though Isa tried her best to show her the opposite.

"I never said I would be. You believe that for whatever reason. People like us aren't meant to be kind. I am certainly not meant to be kind. I am meant to be loved and cherished. To be looked up to in awe." The younger one said, her voice bored. Not understanding that this situation was delicate.

Leanne couldn't watch her sister being so spoiled-rotten and almost completely consumed by her own selfishness. A trade the older Van der Verden sister had turned a blind eye too for a very long time. She had told herself that she did it for Isa's sake but now she realised she hadn't tried to help her sister improve due to the convenience of not reopening old wounds which have never properly healed, not within herself.

"I am sorry for I know it's not your fault how you turned out. I should have set you boundaries years ago." Leanne said before turning around to face Isa who was standing in the middle of the room, her eyes already on her sister. Just like a predator would watch its prey. Surrounded by Mercedes and Red Bull employees. Checo and Max were standing there, just as FIA staff was surrounding them too.