7

"you did a great job, Marinette" I smiled at the compliment. "Thanks, Sir" a groan release his mouth. "Really, Marinette?!" I laughed at his face then mumbled a tiny 'sorry'.

"Hey!" 

I turned towards the voice and spotted his girlfriend, my friend. "KAGAMI! its been ages since our last meeting" I hugged her while she giggles. "When did you returned from Japan?" I asked her as I broke the hug.

"I returned here yesterday and yeah my mom's health is good now AND I missed you too~" she laughed while saying. "Well...I missed you a million times more" Felix mumbled, sulking at our chemistry.

Kagami soon placed herself on him as they hugged whole heartedly. I leaved them alone and walked towards the 'cocktail section'.

Its the 'ENGAGEMENT DAY' today. The gathering was less but comparatively more than none. With no cameras surrounding was the best part.

After getting the drink, I walked towards the comparatively quieter place. Looking around my eyes landed on a couple, Adrien and Lila. Lila interlocking her arms on his, both sharing smiles to each other.

Marinette felt something burns through her veins although she don't know what. Tearing off her sight from them she focused on tasting the wine, taking her sweet time devouring it.

After what felt like ten minutes, she turned around when she heard her name.

God. He is much more handsome up close.

That tuxedo fitting at the right curve making the region covering his biceps tighten. His slightly curved golden locks covering his forehead, making his emerald eyes more beautiful.

"Wow" her comment came out before she could comprehend. Adrien chuckles and did a pose to better show off the cloth. "This really suit me well, huh." Adrien asked now standing still. "Yeah" Marinette replied. Adrien take a slow breathe then smiled softly "You are beautiful, Marinette"

Not, you are looking beautiful but you are beautiful.

Marinette felt that compliment straight away hit her heart making her heart skip a beat. Crimson color hugs her cheeks. "Thanks Adrien" her voice laced with shyness, she had wore the very dress given by him. The fabric hugging her waist making the skin visible from the cut.

Its her favorite dress so far.

"Adrien" Lila come into the picture with her beautiful floor-length layered dress with expensive jwellery around her neck and ear. She throw her arms around his neck while Adrien returns that hug.

Yet again Marinette felt that burning sensation but now with sorrow.

"C'mon Adrien we had to go now, everyone seem to be waiting except for her, who seems to be enjoying the delay" Lila spited on Marinette's face at which her eyes turned blanks.

Marinette barged out of the place leaving the two behind.

________________________________________________

Did she get hurt? Fuck. I should have confronted Lila.

I sighed and took a deep breath and started walking towards the gazebo.

Gazebo decorated by her.

In middle stood my cousin, Felix with his girlfriend Kagami with smile on their face, holding out the tray with two boxes.

Lila standing beside them looking pretty. She really is attractive, and I'm getting engaged to her. It is something a fan of her would dream of.

Felix hand me the box then left ,same with Kagami. I opened the box revealing the shiny ring, taking a long breathe I stared at Lila.

My life is about to get change, am I ready for the consequences which would lead in the future with this decision? I stared at the crowd, spotting Marinette instantly. I locked my eyes at her, something spread amongst my heart and warmness engulf me by her stare.

I quickly broke the gaze and replaced it with Lila's. Her smile stretching from ear to ear. Taking her hand in mine, I slide the ring on her finger, instantly the crowd cheers.

Lila too took my hand and slide the metal band around my finger, making the cheers louder. We turned towards the crowd and everyone cheered even louder than before. Both of us walk towards our parents and everybody started enjoying the feast.

_____________________

"Adrien, do you want to eat something?" Lila asked. "No. Not in the mood right now" Adrien replied by shaking his head in denial. "Great. C'mon lets dance" Lila pulled me to the dance stage, I don't even know how to dance.

Lila took my hand then rested it on her waist and another at her shoulder, leaving me dumb behind. She kept her hand on my shoulder and other at her dress as she started swaying her body according to the music.

I tried to match her steps and get to my sense, Its really is difficult. Slowly matching my steps with her I stared getting a little better at this.

I tripped over her dress making me bend forward at the same time she bends backwards. My lips get in contact with her skin and I froze, my eyes wide as I quickly remove my lips.

Shit.

Slowly meeting with her gaze, she herself seems taken back from the outcome. I was ready to apologize for kissing her forehead.

"OMG, You're romantic as hell" Lila mumbled as she smiled brightly before hugging me. There were screams everywhere and my eyes met with that particular person, hurt flashing her face making me feel guilty for some unknown reason.

The guilt became so strong that I quickly broke the hug and that person smiled at me which didn't reached her eyes and she left.

Everybody starts celebrating by throwing drinks in air and dancing to the music, nobody noticed her disappearence.

--------------------------------------------------------

I guess ya'll liked this.

BUG OUT(^▽^)