9

"Check out that cupboard, there are many files that I kept when I stay in office. Hopefully it's there" I frustratedly looked at the piles of file occupying the desk as my assistant checked the last file with narrow eyebrows.

She looks at me than shakes her head in denial making me groan, completely furious at the situation. Today is my special meeting with the Harper Entertainment and the file where I marked every important headlines altogether lost somewhere between the land and air.

"Sir, I think you should ask at your home once." she suggested which I took after raking my hand in my hairs. Taking out my phone I dialed the number and pressed my phone near my ear, speaking as soon I heard the voices."mom, look at desk if there any blue colored file is kept?"

"Wait, let me check first.." I roamed around, till I heard my mom's voice."Oh yes, I found it..it says pro code" a sigh of relief escaped my lips."Yes that. Can you please deliver it by someone..yeah, thanks mom"

"I'm sorry, miss Alex. Next time I'll try not to exhaust you with my mistake" I apologized my assistant, who in return simply smiled then left.

_______________________________________________________________________

I brush away the dust sticking with my tuxedo with my hands and take a look at my wristwatch. A knock can be heard in the room and later the sound of door opening, making be look at the door.

"Marinette?" I wasn't expecting her at all because we haven't seen each other for a few days, she walked towards me with the file on her hand. I admit she is one of the most beautiful girl my eyes ever laid on. She could become a model herself if it wasn't for her passion towards planning an event.

Like another times my face would have lighten by her presence but that does not seem to work now, not when she herself wasn't smiling at all. "I was at your mansion when you called. I wanted to meet you there but Ma'am said that you got an important meeting to attend.

"Marinette explained her arrival with her straight face then gave the file to Adrien. "Why you wanted to meet me, Marinette?" Adrien asked. "Well I wanted to ask if there's a problem if I took a break?" she inquired while Adrien narrowed his eyebrows for a fraction of seconds then nods his head. "Yeah you can. Not like the wedding is the next day. But can I ask for how many days?"

"Two weeks." Adrien's eyes immediately traveled to her face, her face look so unfazed by this which I didn't like it, she looks off. "What, two weeks? For what reason Marinette? Are you fine?" She eyes travel towards my hand then to me. "For my personal issue, its not that much. In the mean time I'll plan something for the upcoming Wedding" Judging her voice, she seems desperate to leave. "Are you really fine, Marinette?"

"Yeah, stop worrying about me. Instead why don't you hangout with your Fiancee" Trust me. I didn't like the sound of that. Before I could say anything my assistant interrupt us. "Sir, The CEO of Harper Entertainment has arrived" I sighed and nodded.

"Let me at least drop you by the entrance" Marinette nodded her head and we walked towards the lift. After pressing the ground floor button the lift started going down, I was facing the steel wall of the lift when for a fraction of second I heard a beautiful, ear catching giggle. I turn around to face her and felt my own smile stretching after looking at her bright face.

She stepped closer to mine then grabbed my right hand, making me confuse. She took off the vertical piece of cloth that I didn't realize was wrapped around my wrist. She hang that around my neck then stepped closer while she folds with that fabric. I looked at her, that little smile on her face made my mind at ease. I kept staring at her and that's when I noticed the faint line drawn down her eyes and the tired features of her face. I felt the perfect tightness around my neck as she kept her hands on my chest and I still admire that little smile she has on her tired looking face almost making them unnoticed But the smile abruptly vanished and she pull back her hand as if it will burn if she keep for long. I frowned at that. After that we didn't try to make conversation between us and she left.

"Sir, when did you tie your necktie?" my assistant asks because she knows I don't know how to. I looked at the tie hanging around my neck then touched the fabric, an unknown smile crept out my face and I entered the meeting hall.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Stay tuned~

BUG OUT:))