8

Everybody cheered when the soon-to-be-couple danced in the floor and Adrien kissed Lila. Leaving Marinette to deal with her newly found emotions.

What's this feeling?! Why is it feeling gloomy when there is no reason to be.

Why?

I hold my chest and try to calm the wild heartbeats beating with sorrow. My throat tight and my breath uneven with that undeniable emotion lacing in my heart.

Adrien

"Huh?!" my mind jumped to the inner voice of the heart, the vision of Adrien with Lila coming like a flash in front of my eyes.

"w-wait I don't understand"

Adrien

My nerves became cold and the realization hit me like a truck.

This can't be. NO. This is wrong! NO! I can't be here, I can't. I need to go.

Thinking that she lefts.

______________________________

Is there not a single place to hide yourself away? Why is god against me this time?

Staring the the main door of the Agreste, I fight my guts for being here.

Emily asked me to join the dinner with them and thankfully Lila and her parents won't be there. But that's not enough for me to not feel anxious.

I press the door bell, soon the maid open the door and I stepped inside.

Gabriel pulling me in the daughterly hug, making me melt in that hug and felt my head lighter. Emily soon join us and too pull me in a hug, and from the senses I felt her lips peck my head. First time in the last five hours I felt the smile stretching on my face.

"Honey could you please call out Adrien for the dinner" Emily requested. "Y-Yeah sure"

___________________________

I stood outside his door, gathering the courage to meet him after the epiphany of that untold feelings. After knocking two times I wait a while but heard nothing so I turned the doorknob and enter the room.

There he was, sleeping while still wearing the tuxedo. I couldn't help the giggle that left my mouth. Moving towards him I could see how his left cheek is squished by the mattress with his hair sticking to his forehead while his lips slightly parted, Its was so cute too be watched.

The warmth which run through my body is just enough to explain the happiness I felt with him. I walked towards him then gently stroke his golden locks, caressing his hairs in random directions. He leaned into my touch making my heart melt at the moment, he then gently open his eyes and closed it again, taking in the air trough his nostrils. He sat on his bed after moving around in his sleep.

"Oh? Marinette. I'm sorry I slept. I was just feeling a little exhausted" His eyes still trying to close the gap between the eyelashes, he mumbled in the deep-throaty voice, probably because of the after sleeping effect. But trust me that came out wild for me. The way my name came out that filthy yet charming little mouth of his, just....Can't explain.

"Its okay, Adrien. I know you'd be feeling tired"

"Just give me ten minutes I'll be right back after taking the bath. Just stay till then or else mom would kill me for making the guest wait" He said the sentences in hurry and quickly leave for his bathroom, leaving me alone in his room.

I looked around the room, taking in the decoration of his room. His scent mixing with the room's was truly soothing. My eyes landed on the photo frame, that didn't caught my eyes before. The brownish black colored wooden frame shinning by the sparkles of light making the picture more worth full. The pride in the eyes with the kindness in his smile, will melt your heart away.

The modern furnitures with newly launched equipments were defining his alertness. My eyes searched more things around until it stopped at the glass made sliding door, covered with the heavy curtains. I walked near it and slowly yet gracefully push the curtains sideways, revealing the beautiful garden. The flashbacks rush in front of my eyes as I remembered how me and Adrien had discuss the final settlements for the engagement.

The Engagement.

My heart tug with sourness. Once again the flashbacks of the earlier running inside my head.

I heard the sound of door being open so I quickly turned around coming in face to face with Adrien. The towel hanging around his neck with his robe lossely wrapped around his body with vissible water drops on the skin..making my throat go dry.

Adrien walked towards the small room which I assume was the wardrobe. I stood near the glassed door, hearing the noises of the robe dropping to ground and the unfolding of his clothes. I tried to stay concentrated at to keep staring at his photo frame but that just bring the sounds more hearable.

God. Lord. Whats happening to me?

"Okay Marinette. Lets go" I snap my eyes off the photo frame and fixed it to his real potrait. He looks fresh, like just coming out from the shower- Wait, he did just came out from the shower. I raised my hand and action him to comb his hair. He stood dumbfounded at my action so I went near him and raised my right hand towards his hair, brushing out his hair within my fingertips.

"Now we can go"

__________________________________________________________________

We all were at the dinning table when Adrien suddenly spoke.

"Oh mom, dad. Lila just messaged me to came over at her place, she invited her friends over who weren't able to attend the engagement earlier this morning. Wanted me to meet over" Emily looked at me with little distress before looking at Adrien. "But Marinette would feel left tout, honey" Emily reason out. Adrien moved his gaze towards me, making me the center of this conversation. I gulp down the lump of emptiness before speaking.

"Its fine Adrien. Besides its your fiancee we are talking about, can't make your partner unhappy can we?" I took all my enery to not let out something hurtful other than this. Adrien looked at briefly before saying. " Are you okay? Marinette?" I suck in the deep breathe before replying. "Yeah..Besides, I specially wanted to spend some time with your parents" I looked at Emily and Gabriel "Haven't made any time for them, thought maybe this could be our perfect time to spend" I let out my wide streched smile after completing the sentence.

"okay, Marinette. See you soon~" Adrien grins at me before leaving to the main door.

And finally leaving us alone. Leaving me alone. For Lila.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUG OUT XD