6

The weather was awful, and freezing temperatures blew by freezing eyelashes and beards whether they liked it or not.

"No way fuck that" I said looking out the small window. Killer huffed. "You dont have a choice," he spoke. I glared at him...

...

"Damn it, killer, you don't have to be so cute. It kills me, " I replied sloppily as I glanced out the window once more and sobbed. "Why do we have to go out there?" I asked.

"The map says there a town not far from here, were running low on supplies." He responded.

"But this... this is just... I've never been friends with the cold." I complained quietly.

"You fight, Kid, almost die multiple times, but this is where you draw the line?" He asked. And I nodded.

I moaned sadly and sat down beside Killer. "Keep me warmmmm" I said, cuddling up to his side. "You're a big man, I'm a little lady. I can't keep warmth as well as you can, " I replied, taking in his warmth.

"You're really cold," he spoke.

"No shit Killer" I replied, offering him a glare. He sighed and chuckled silently "well get you a warm coat," he said.

"Youre not gonna let me off the hook are you?" I asked depressingly.

"Nope"

I internally cried.

"Youre so cold killer, if only your personality was as warm as your body" I said cuddling up to him closer. He sighed. "Youre going end of conversation".

I internally cried louder.

"You monster" I whispered under my breath.

---

I shivered as we walked in the snow, I couldn't feel my feet anymore. "Why me killer?" I asked genuinely as we walked. He sighed and turned towards me. The snow was thic, it reached above my knees. Being small compared to Killer, he walked fine. He basically fave palmed, and he came over and picked me up like a sack of potatoes. He positioned me so I could wrap myself around him like a piggyback. He sighed. "Im starting to regret it," he spoke. My teeth chattered quietly. "I told you I'm not made for this kinda weather, but nooooo, bring me along." I replied quietly into his shoulder. "Over there" he said. I looked when he was seeing the village lights.

"Wheres everyone else while we're here?" I interrogated, he sighed. "We're scouting a route and getting kid some scraps and beer." He answered. I hummed. "Do you always get Captain stuff like that? I heard you two are super close. Partners one might say, " I spoke with a sense of sneaky implications. He huffed. "Hes, my brother. My best friend. My partner and my soul mate. My Captain. If anything, I think you're getting alittle too comfy with him yourself" he replied and I sighed. "I wish he hates me. I'm only useful as a messenger and masseuse" I explained. He huffed, almost sounded like a laugh. "A masseuse?" He questioned, my words caught in my throat.

"Well... i-i. Maybe I have given him a massage once or twice. He told me not to tell anyone that slipped out. But honestly that idiot is too up tight. I swear he was so tense it was impossible to get him relaxed. Even when he dozed off he still looked angry. But yeah... dont tell anyone" I paragraphed to him. He stayed silent for a moment. "Yeah yeah, thanks for that." He spoke, clearly smiling under the mask.

"Are we almost there? I swear I'm gonna die if we stay out here much longer" I complained. He squeezed my legs to the point they hurt. "HEY!!!" I exclaimed. "What? It'll get the blood flow going. Warm you up" he replied. I huffed and pulled my arms and legs tight to squeeze him too but he was unaffected. "Yeah you really are cold" was all he said. I sighed and snuggled into his back.

"Just hurry up"

Once we finally arrived we stopped at a tavern, I jumped off his back and ran to the fire, he shook his head and walked to the bar. Asking about beers and stuff. I stayed by the fire warming up, I could feel the eyes one us. I guess they didn't get many visitors.

Killer payed the man and in return got some high quality alcohol. He walked over to me and gave them to me. "What do I look like? A maid?" I asked. He stared at me. "Kinda" he responded. He seemed proud of that one.

I stuck my tounge out at him, then grabbed my bag I brought with me, carefully putting the bottles in it, layering them between fabric so they didn't touch. "This isn't safe" I said, killer shrugged and walked off grabbing himself a beer and a straw. "Want anything y/n?" He asked. I sighed.

"F/d, please" I said.

"A pirate with manners, how thoughtful" he joked, I just glared at him. "Jeez sorry I respect you, I'll just stop then, maybe call your a stupid asshole with a dumb mask" I replied with a smirk to make him know I wasn't serious. He brought me my drink and instead of passing me it, he picked me up and took me to a table. THEN passed me the drink. "You know I needed that fire" I sighed. "Youll be fine" he replied.

Great.

After we'd warmed up, Killer walked me back out, coming to a store selling sledges. He looked at it, then at me, then at the sled. Before I knew it he'd bought it and put me on it pulling me along, I was so embarrassed. And second hand embarrassed for him too.

But I didnt say anything. We were moving for a while before coming across a small store selling weapons. He went in and told me to stay outside with the sledge. Obviously, to look over our purchases. In all honestly, I didn't see the kid pirates as a crew whode purchase, more of a crew who would steal. Yet here I am, surprised at such actions.

I sat shivering. Looking around the town was foggy and harsh. How could anyone live in these conditions. Looking back at the store killer was in, I smiled a little, feeling lucky to be part of a crew, sailing the seas. Seeing many a world.

Killer walked out and threw a bag onto the sledge with a big clank. He then picked up the rope and began to pull again. "Killer," I spoke. He hummed. "Thank you."

He sighed. I got off the sledge and walked beside him, "The snow isn't that deep here. im sure I'll be fine." I said, he nodded. "Wait, killer.". As I spoke, he turned to me. And I looked at him like an idiot.

"How the hell can you even see? The snow is blocking the holes. How can you breathe for that matter? " I said, getting in my tip toes dusting off the snow from his mask. He huffed "its not that bad," he replied, and I glared at him. "Not that bad? Are you kidding. I have so much respect for you in that thing, " I commented, patting the side of the helmet. He sighed once more.

"Oooo, look over there, can I go pleaseeee?" I begged killer. He looked where I was and saw a food shop. Fresh bakery. Before he could answer, I was already jogging over to it. He followed. "Here," he spoke, passing me a small bag of coins. I smiled and ran into the store. There were baked goods everywhere. How can people do business in weather like this, how was the store even open. I rushed over to the counter, seeing beautiful pastries and sweets. "That one and that one, oh, and those three, please," I said to the woman behind the counter. She bagged them, and i paid. Stuffing the food into my bag.

As I ran back out, the killer had already begun walking. "What did you get?" He asked ahead of me, I smiled and hummed. "It's a surprise."