11

I sighed as I sat at the table, everyone being loud and annoying their food. I looked at my pocket watch, checking the time, and sighed again. "What's up with you?" Asked Dive from beside me, I looked at her then back at the time. "Captain..." I spoke quietly. A few weeks ago, we had a run-in with shanks... it didn't go very well... Kid has been very distant since... considering his condition, I'm not surprised. He got his ass handed to him, losing an arm and being convered in scars reminding him of his defeat. He must be so angry, and.. ashamed.. in a way. He's letting his crew down. His crew was his weakness. it was so close knit. Dive huffed and nodded.

"Why don't you go see him then like you're normally do?" she spoke up, I sighed... "I would, but this seems too severe. I don't wanna disturb him if he needs alone time, " I replied with a frown. Heat piped up. "Every time you've distrusted hum is when he wanted alone time, its not so different now just cause he's lost an arm Y/n, he's tough. Everyone knows that, " he explained. I hesitated.

"Well, whatever you say," I responded, standing up and walking out with a soft wave. I huffed all the way to his room and gently knocked. No reply.

I turned the door handle gently and opened the door. Kid sat at his desk top in pretty much silence. "Kid.." I said. He snapped out of his thoughts and turned to me. His irritated look was nowhere to be seen, just a deep hole in his eyes. "What do you want?" He asked. I closed the door behind me and walked over. He didn't even look at me, just turned back to his desk. I placed my arms on his shoulders, leaning into him, looking iver to see what he was doing. He was sketching some designs for a metal arm. I cuddled up to his neck.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He huffed and pointed at the paper. "Isn't it obvious? Are you dumb or something?" He questioned, annoyed. I hummed and pointed at the drawing, "More specifically, I mean, what's this?" I asked. He sighed. "It's metal, if I infuse it into my.. what's left of my arm, I can use my magnetism to attract metal to my shoulder to create a bond, then use that attracted metal, turning it into a prosthetic." He explained. I ahhhed at him.

"I see, I never doubted your intelligence. You're just aloof sometimes. You're really smart. But won't that hurt? Putting metal in your flesh?" I asked, he huffed. "Hurt more than losing an arm? Probably not." He replied. I hummed and rested my head next to his, "You really are crazy. I like that one, " I spoke, pointing to a metal arm design. He smirked. "Yeah? Me too." He replied. I smiled. A deep sigh left him, I could tell he was tired.

"Then that's sorted, let's get you to bed," I spoke. He looked at me like I was an idiot. "Hell no, I haven't even -" he tried to say, I waved a bottle of sake in front of him and smirked. "I bought this at the last island for you. You can have it if you get some rest. It's clear you're tired, " I bargained. He huffed and stood up, I backed up a little, his eyes glaring down at me. He came closer, and I backed up till I hit the wall. He smirked and leant down, taking the bottle out of my hands easily. Popping off the lid, he chugged half of it and put it on a pile of junk next to us. "Fine, deal," he spoke as he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. "Kid, what the hell are you doing? Put me down," I argued. He didn't listen. He threw me down on the bed and took off his feather coat and boots. He struggled to get his belt off, so I took a deep breath and helped gently, unwrapping the two belts. And placing them on the floor. He watched me as I did so. His heart rate increased ever so slightly. But it was enough for him to back up a little. I frowned. "Sorry, I didn't mean to patronise you. I just thought I could help, " I explained, nervous. He sighed.

"It's fine," he spoke. He took off his goggles, placing them on the bedside table and laying down on his stomach. He clicked his fingers and pointed to his side. I froze. Taking another deep breath. This man is gonna kill me.

I crawled across the bed and sat beside him, "What.. do you need.." I chocked out, he sighed. "I don't know, just.. stay with me, " he spoke annoyed, a shiver went up my spine. "O-Okay." I said quietly as I laid beside him. He looked surprised, as pink dusted his cheeks. Since he didn't have an arm on his left side, I could get closer to him, I lifted my arm and played with his hair softly. He just stared at me. I tried not to make eye contact.

My hand trailed from his hair to his back in a circular motion. His eyes closed. What was I doing...

He sighed and looked at me. "Not like this," he spoke deeply, I started at him confused. Before I knew it, he was on top of me, a blush quickly brushed my face, he swapped sides with me now on my right, I didn't even realising I was holding my breath. He laid back down and used his arm to pull me in, holding me to his chest. My heart was going crazy. "Dont even think about saying anything to killer," he whispered. I nodded and hugged him back. "I promise."