16

It had been a few days since that encounter. If anything, it feels like he's gotten more distant with me. I was healing well, and Killer was taking care of me when we'd gotten to the island, I felt so gross. I hated them babying me like this.

"Honetly, I'm fine, killer," I said, and he patted my head, "I know that, kids still getting used to depending on you. He doesn't see you like I do, " he spoke. I huffed and nodded. "Yeah, I've noticed. He trusts me, he just.. he always puts so much pressure on himself to protect us like it's not in our line of duty to protect him. It's annoying, " I said. Killer smiled under his mask. "I didn't take you to be so old school of a pirate," he replied. I sighed. "I'm not, I just believe in the pirates code," I explained, killed, huffed. "Yeah, yeah," he responded. I sighed and punched him playfully.

"You know you still hardly know me, right?" I asked, he put his arm over my shoulder, "I could say the same, so could kid and everyone on board the ship. We're not one to care about someone's past. Just loyalty and dedication, " he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Would you believe me if I said I was close with red-haired shanks?" I questioned, killer tensed. "No," he said coldly. I hummed.

"Well, I am," I spoke quietly. He stopped and stared at me. "The hell does that mean?" He interrogated. I sighed.

"I'm glad I was bed bound during that fight... he basically brought me up, " I said. Killer was silent. "Not that... I'd betray you for him. I just haven't thought that far ahead. I have no clue what I'd do in that situation..." I explained. "Probably freeze up," I added. Killer sighed.

"You always surprise us," he replied with a deep tone. "I'm sorry," I spoke with a frown. Killer held me tight. "Dont be, I know you. The fact you're telling me shows the level of trust we have." He added. I sighed and hugged him. "Yeah... that's why... kids been avoiding my I think" I spoke. Killer pulled me along with him as we walked. "Why?" He asked.

I was quiet for a moment. The blonde was a little concerned. "I told him a very big secret. And he didn't seem to care on the day, but ever since he's been distant. I'm... scared. I trust him so much, but this behaviour makes me nervous, " I explained. Killer hummed.

"I'm sure he's just processing. He's usually like that when he's focused or trying to piece things together. Don't take it personally, must have been a real big secret though, " he replied, I chuckled softly. "You have no idea, maybe I'll tell you, who knows?" I said playfully, trying to brighten the mood. The masked man nodded.

"I didn't realise Kid had his own territory like this," I said. "Yeah, all this land is ours," he responded. I smiled.

"It's so refreshing to be on land for a while, longer than a few days," I said, he hummed again.

"Killer.."

"Y/n"

"I love him,"

I sighed and kicked the ground. Killer patted my head. "I know," he spoke. I smiled, "I love you too, dont feel left out," i said playfully, reaching up and kissing his mask.

I then frowned and stared out to see, "But he's really worrying me... I dont blame him at all. Everything he's been through. It's just so aggravating that I don't wanna lose what we have, " I said. Grabbed my hand and started walking back. "Then go tell him," he spoke. I raised a brow at him, and he sighed.

"If he isn't coming to you, you go to him. Then say what you wanna say, " he explained. I pouted. "I don't wanna bother him,"

"You won't. I'm pretty sure he's used to you by now. "

Hhhhhhhhhhhhh...

-------

I walked over to captains door and knocked gently... no answer.

"Kid?" I asked softly through the door.

Nothing.

I opened the door, and nothing...

He wasn't there...

I went all around the castle looking for him, but he wasn't anywhere. That's what I thought. Till I walked into the basement where we stored all the alcohol. He was laid against the wall, chugging a bottle of sake. He looked... bad...

"Kid.." I spoke softly as I approached him not to spook him this state. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. "Dont you have a better thing to do than stalk me?" He asked. I was a little surprised at his hostile attitude towards me. "Not really," I answered calmly as I sat down beside him. "Killer told me to find you," I added in defence. He tsked and looked away from me. "He needs to leave shit alone," he spoke a little slurred. I gazed at him, seeing an already empty bottle beside him. "Kid, you should slow down," I spoke, reaching out my hand to the current bottle. He glared at me and pushed my hand away aggressively. "Dont tell me what to do," he gritted. I frowned. Whispering shit under my breath.

"I didn't ask for you," he huffed out. I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. He glared again. "I didn't ask for you, I don't want you. You're not victoria, " he spat. A deep hole opened in my chest at those words. I stuttered, unsure of what to say.

"You're just a burden on me," he said. My frown turned into a melancholic saddened pout. I'm trying to hold back the pressure. "I'm s-sorry," I whispered. He tutted.

"Dont waste your breath. I don't need it. Why don't you go run to killer and fuck him. Cause I don't want you" he slured. I sighed quietly and stood up as a tear fell down my cheek. Trying to keep myself calm. Not that it mattered. Before I knew it I flung the bottle of sake out of his hand and opened a small charm I kept in my pocket, revealing a small sea prism stone ball, I placed it on his skin wrapping it so it wasn't touching me,  and dragged him with me. "GET THE HELL OFF ME YOU BASTARD" he shouted angrily. I turned and slapped him. Luckily, I hesitated when I did because he went flung him straight through the wall... I gasped and froze....

He groaned and stood up, glaring at me. Tears streamed down my cheeks... he's okay... he's okay...

I looked away and grabbed him again, dragging me quickly with me. All the way to his room, he was arguing and trying to break my grasp. I threw him on his bed and strapped his wrist to his bed using a metal chain that was lying around. I then walked and emptied one of his glasses, going to his onsuit and filling it up with water, placing it on his bedside table. He shouted at me, calling me names the whole time. Like a big child. I just wiped away my tears and walked out, slamming the door.

I took a deep breath. It was very shakey... he's drunk... really drunk... which usually brings out one's true intentions... did he mean all of that...

"Y/n?" Asked Killer as he came running up, I started blandly at him and walked away silently. He opened the door and sighed.

I didn't care. I kept walking, to where killer took me earlier that day. Where I could let loose. The pressure was way too much to keep in. I sat in the ground and tucked my knees to my chest, resting my head in them as I sobbed silently...

I should invest in a second sea prism stone charm... cause I needed one right now, too...

Before I knew it, my power erupted, creating a very large explosion, so big and loud it could be seen from the castle.

I sat there in silence after that. Staring at the sky. I laid down and closed my eyes, curling into a ball. I drifted away.