Chapter 4

{Meredith}

The whole meeting went by in a blur. All Meredith could think about was Harry, who was sitting right across from her.

"Hey," Ramin began. "I heard that they're doing an open mic night over at that little cafe on 26th street. We should all go!"

"YAAASS RAMIIN!" Hadley Fraser joked.

"I'm in!" replied Sierra.

"That sounds like fun! I'm in!" said Harry.

"Count me in!" said Meredith.

{Meredith's actual POV}

When the cast got to the cafe, the open mic had just started.

First out of the group to sing was Hadley. He actually sang 'Devil Take the Hindmost' from the show. Then some random people went and then Ramin and Sierra sang 'Poison and Wine' by the Civil Wars. They sounded great!! Then Harry came up to me. Oh god.

"Hey, do you know Bring Him Home from Les Miserables?" he asked.

"OMG yes! it's my favorite song! I've actually created my own harmonies to it." I giggled, trying to sound cute.

"Fantastic!" he replied. Next thing I know Harry takes my hand and leads me up to the stage with him. Oh my god, we were going to sing together.

I look to my right and I see Ramin set up with his guitar. OMG, Ramin Karimloo is playing the song!!

Then Ramin starts strumming and Harry Begins:

God on high, hear my prayer,

In my need, you have always been there.

He is young, he's afraid,

Let him rest, heaven blessed.

Oh my god, he had the voice of an angel. My heart started to melt. Then I chimed in at the chorus with my harmonies:

Bring him home,

Bring him home,

Bring him home.

Wow, we sounded incredible together!!!

on the last note, I did my half scale and we looked at each other. His eyes were so beautiful.

We got a ton of applause, Andrew had a huge smile on his face and Sierra was crying!

We took a bow and walked off the small stage, giggling. Then I realized: Holy crap, he's holding my hand. HE'S HOLDING MY HAND!

"Ohmygod you two, that was beautiful." said Sierra, who now had black lines running down her face.

"Yeah, guys that was so good." said Ramin. That felt good inside, coming from someone who has played Valjean in Les Miz already.

We both grinned and locked eyes.

{Harry's actual POV}

*on stage*

Ramin started playing his guitar.

God on high, hear my prayer.

In my need you have always been there...

When we got to the chorus, Meredith chimed in. She had created gorgeous harmonies!

after the 1st chorus, I stepped back from my mic to let her sing. Then, she sang:

He's like a son I might have known,

If God had given me a son,

the summers die, one by one,

how soon they fly on and on...

She sounded phenomenal. She had the voice of an angel.

We sang through the rest of the song. When we got to my last note, she sang a beautiful half scale. Then, we smiled and locked eyes. God, her eyes are so beautiful. I looked out into the crowd: Hadley is clapping like a complete and utter maniac, Andrew had a HUGE smile and Sierra was crying!

Sie came up to us first.

"Ohmygod, you two that was beautiful!" she said.

We smiled and locked eyes again.