Chapter 22- The End

{Harry's POV}

*3 months later*
As I sit in my dressing room, I grab my phone and text Ramin.

H: Hey mate! You guys have a show tonight?
R: Nope, somebody else is using the space for a wedding or something. Why?
H: You guys should come see Finding Neverland tonight! It's my first show.
R: Ohh yeah I forgot! Lemme see if Sierra's free.
H: Sweet! Also, could you do me a favor?
R: Sure, anything mate.
H: Could you bring Meredith? I want to surprise her- she doesn't even know I'm in the US!
R: Yeah! I'll ask her right now!
H: Thank youuuu!!
I hear the intercom buzz.
"10 minutes to fight call!"
"Thank you 10!" I yell into the speaker.
I look at my face in the mirror. Red and sweaty. I stare into my eyes for a long time. "Wow, my first show in almost half a year." I think to myself. So much is in my mind right now I might go bonkers. Then, I remember do grab something out of my bag. I rummage through the giant pile of stuff that I share with my dressing roomate Ben and find it. The two red roses with a black ribbon tied on each. Kind of like 'Little Lotte', now that I think of it. I stare at the until I hear my phone buzz. Ramin texted back.
R: Both ladies can come! So, what's the plan for you to express your undying love?
H: 😂 Could you find a way to come to my dressing room before the show? I have a plan."
R: I'm pretty sure I can do that. I've gotta go, see you soon!
"Harry! Ben! Fight call!" I hear from the hall. I slip on my jazz shoes and head for the stage.

{Meredith's POV}

*5 minutes earlier*

I'm sitting in my apartment watching Modern Family with my cats when I get a text from Ramin.
R: Howdy! I scored 3 tickets to Finding Neverland tonight and I'm taking Sie, but I have an extra ticket. Wanna come?
Wow, finding Neverland! I've wanted to see that show for a while. Harry and I listened to the whole OBC recording together. He wanted to see it so badly. I miss him so much, if only he were here. I reply,
M: I'd love to! Pick me up at 6:15?
R: sounds good! See you soon!
I open my Spotify, play my show tunes, and get ready.

*90 minutes later*

I'm clipping in my earring as I hear the doorbell ring. Is it Ramin already? It's only 5:57.
I open the door. It's Sierra.
"Hey! I hope you don't mind me barging in. Ramin said it'd be easy If he picked us both up here since we're only 2 floors apart."
"Nope, it's good!" I give her a big hug. She's wearing a gorgeous red dress that she wore for her School of Rock opening night. She's wearing black heels and her hair is curled and swept to the side. She looks great!
"You look STUNNING!!" Sierra exclaims.
I'm wearing a floral strapless dress, some nude heels and some pearl earrings. My hair is curled with a braided headband. And. Of course, I'm wearing the necklace that Harry gave me.
Sie and I sit on the couch talking about Will Ferrell until we hear a knock at the door. It's Ramin.
"Hello, lovelies!" He says cheerfully. He kisses Sierra and says, "you look absolutely stunning." OTPOTPOTPOTPOTP!!!!!!!!!  " And you look lovely as well, Meredith. Love the dress."
"Thanks!"
"Shouldn't we get going? It's 6:20!" Sierra says.
"Ah yes," Ramin replies."Right this way!"

{Ramin's POV}

*at the theatre*
As we enter the theatre, I get a text from Harry. It reads, "my dressing room is stage left. Go out into the lobby to customer service and say you're with me. They will lead you to my dressing room."
We scurry through the hundreds of people to get to our front row mezzanine seats. That doesn't end well. I end up sitting next to two fan girls named Aurora and Caroline. They will NOT stop screaming! They're super nice though.
"Alright ladies, I need to use the bathroom. I'll be right back." I say.
"I need to go too. I'll be back, Sie!" Says Meredith. Perfect. She's gone. Now I can inaugurate my plan.
I make my way to the lobby and find the customer services desk. There is a woman standing behind the desk. Her nametag reads Lily.
"Hi welcome to the Lunt-Fontanne- OMG RAMIN KARIMLOO!" She screams. Luckily nobody in the crowd heard.
"Hi there."
"How may I help you tonight?"
"I'm with Harry Child."
"Ah, yes, follow me!" Lily says. She takes me outside and to the stage door. She opens it up and we enter a long corridor with light blue walls. She stops at the door that has:
BENJAMIN COOK
HARRY CHILD
ENSEMBLE
On it. I knock on the door.
"Harry? It's me, Ramin."
"Oh, come on in! It's open!"
I open the door and see Harry putting his mic on and his dressing roommate, Ben, stretching. Damn, he's flexible!
"Harry, mate!" I say, giving him a hug.
"Ramin! It's been way too long! Oh yeah meet my ensemble friend Ben."
He gets up from his split and shakes my hand.
"Ben Cook. Nice to meet you, huge fan."
"Okay," Harry says, "put this rose in her playbill and leave the rest to me." He hands me a beautiful red rose with a black ribbon tied to it.
"Oh dammit it's 7:20! Hurry get to you seat!" Harry says.
"Alright mate. Break a leg!" I say as I shut the door.
I make my way back to my seat. Surprisingly, Meredith isn't back in her seat. I quickly grab her playbill and put the rose inside of it. As soon as I set it down, she scoots back into her seat and discovers the rose. She admires it for a minute.
"Where did this come from? Ramin, Sie, do you know?" She asks.
We both shake our heads. We sit back in our seats and the lights dim. Showtime!!

*After the show*

{Harry's POV}
I rush backstage into my dressing room. I quickly get my mic and costume off and change into my street clothes. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. I picture her beautiful face and can't help but smile to myself as I quicken my pace. I made my way to the theatre, avoiding as many people as I could. Ramin said Meredith was sitting in the front row of the Mezzanine. Thankfully there is no one sitting next to her so I don't have to walk across anyone. Meredith was so engaged in the program on her lap that she didn't even see me walk up. It was only after I placed a single red rose on the page did she look up.

{Meredith's POV}
I scream and my hands fly to my face. I jump out of my seat and throw my arms around him. I bury my face into the crook of his neck as he twirls me around. "Hey, Mere." Harry chuckles, or at least he tries to. I'm probably squeezing the life out of him but I don't care. He rubs my back as happy tears start to flow. I finally release my hold on him and look up into the those big blue eyes that I've missed so much. "I can't believe you're here!" I say happily. He just grins down at me. "When did you get here?" I ask.
"About three months ago." He laughs.
"What?!" I ask, confused.
"I was gonna tell you, but I was kinda busy with rehearsal for the show you just watched."
I punch him in the arm. "You've been here for three for three months and you didn't tell me?!" Harry laughs at me and pulls my into his chest.
"I missed you so much, Mere."
"I missed you, too." We stay there for a few minutes, just holding each other.
"Okay love birds. Leave room for Jesus!" Ramin says jokingly. We laugh and pull apart, but immediately lock our hands together.
"This calls for celebratory Schmackary's in Times Square!" Exclaims Sierra.
"That sounds perfect!" Says Harry.
We take the short walk to Schmackary's. Harry and I have our hands waffled the whole time. When we get to the front of the line, Harry orders the coconut chip cookie, Ramin orders the Chunky Monkey, Sierra orders a green tea cookie, and I order my favorite, the Ginger Rogers.
We get our cookies and go out into the middle of Times Square at the tables. I look all around. Bright lights, lots of noise, billboards everywhere. Then I realize- I'm living my dream. We are sitting on the stairs in the middle of the area when Harry says,
"We've been apart for 4 months, and there's something I've been meaning to do."
He pulls me up and leads me to the top of the stairs. He pulls me closer and closer to him and then our lips connect. I've missed this feeling more than anything in the whole world.
"I love you, Harry." I whisper into his ear.
"I love you too, Meredith." He whispers back.

THE END

A/N: THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH THIS STORY FOR SO LONG!!! I know I, like, never updated (😂) but now its over!! Please DM me on new story ideas! Thanks y'all! ~C