Chapter 19

{Harry's POV}

*one week later*

My alarm goes off at 7:30 this morning so I don't miss my flight to London at noon. I wouldn't mind missing it, but I know that my mother would not be happy about that. I quickly take a shower and get dressed in some comfortable clothes. Then I head downstairs where the bellhop is waiting for me.
"Heading home,sir?" he asks.
"Yes, sir. I really don't want to leave."
"Well I bet your family will be delighted to see you."
I think about it. My family. Mother, Father, Clara. I haven't seen or talked to them in months.
I take the luggage holder from the bellhop, give him his tip, and walk out to where the Uber driver is waiting for me.
"Laguardia airport, please." I say quietly to the driver.
I look out the window at the sunny sky as the car drives on. I need to take it all in, I may never see New York City again. We pass the 56th street cafe and memories of Meredith and I play in my mind.
As soon as I clear my mind of all sadness, we pull up at the airport.
"There ya go, kid." says the driver, with his thick New York accent.
I take my bag from the car, pay the driver and head into the airport. It's nearly empty.
I get into the British airways check in line to receive my boarding pass.
"Hello sir, how may I help you?"
"I'd like to redeem my boarding pass."
"Where are you traveling to?"
"London."
"Name please?"
"Harry Child."
"Here you go. Have a nice flight!"
I give the receptionist a nod and a grin and head to security.
I go through security and pass the Hudson News store and am about to step onto the escalator to my gate when I hear a faint call of my name.
"HARRY!" It gets louder. I whip my head around to see Meredith, standing about 20 feet away from me, crying faintly.
"Meredith." I say, with a whispery tone.
She starts running towards me, as do I. She wraps her arms around me in a tight hug as a pick her up off the ground, spinning. Now we're both crying.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"I just had to say goodbye before you left. If I didn't, I couldn't live with myself."
Meredith stares into my eyes and I see the tears falling from her face.
"Hey, it's gonna be alright." I coo. "Just remember that I love you so so much and I will come back for you."
She nods and tightly hugs me again. When we separate, we stare at each other for what seems like hours. Then, we get closer and closer until our lips connect. My heart flutters as it did the first time we kissed in the park. I am going to miss this feeling more than anything. When we separate, we stay holding on to each other,our eyes closed.
"Promise me you'll never let me go." She whispers.
"Never. I love you." I coo.
We finally let go of each other's embrace and I see Sierra and Ramin behind us. Poor Sie is crying and Ramin is just standing there with a depressed look on his face. Sierra comes running toward me and gives me a big hug.
" As soon as you came, you left. I'm going to miss you so much, Harry-Bear." She says under her muffled sobs.
"I'm going to miss you too, Sierra. I'll keep in touch, don't worry." I reply.
Ramin comes up to me and gives me a tight hug.
"Gonna miss you, mate. Maybe we can meet up when I come to visit my boys."
"Sounds good. I'll miss you, Ramin."
Then, a booming voice comes from the intercom.
"Attention, all passengers on British Airways flight 24601 to London, first class is now boarding. Thank you."
I turn to Meredith and give her one last kiss before I race down the escalator to my gate. As I get into the lower floor, I can hear distinctly familiar cries from upstairs. It's my beloved Meredith. Tears start to form in my eyes. I am the last person in first class to arrive at the gate. I give the receptionist my ticket and she signals for me to go into the ramp onto the plane.
I step onto the plane. I sit in my seat next to an older lady. Sooner than I could think, the plane's wheels are off the ground and we are flying. I lean my head against the small window as I overlook New York City, my real home. A single tear escapes my eye.