Chapter 12

{Meredith's POV}

Oh my god, opening night is tonight! I am sooo nervous, I think I may throw up.

What if I trip? What if I miss a line? What if I forget a song?

My first instinct is to call Sierra. She's great with situations like this. I go into my contacts and call her. I pace the floor, waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey Mere! Are you excited for tonight?" she cheerfully says.

"OMG, Sie I'm nervous as hell! What do I do? I feel like barfing!"

"Hey, you'll do great! Remember you are enough, you are so enough it is unbelievable how enough you are! Hey, I gotta go. I'll see you at the theatre! Bye!"

Namaste Sierra, namaste. She always has such great advice!

I look at the time, it's 3:45, and I'm supposed to be at the theatre at 4:15. Traffic'll be bad, as New York is, so I decide to leave now.

*at the theatre*

After I arrive at the Imperial Theatre stage door, someone is there to guide me to my dressing room. When she opens the door, I am surprised to see Sierra setting up her little zen garden.

"SIE!!!!!" I scream, probably scaring the whole cast.

"MERE!!!!" She squeals and she gives me a tight hug.

"I thought you would've gotten your own dressing room."

"I was, but during School Of Rock , I had my own and I felt really lonely, so I requested to be with you!"

"YESSSSSS! I'm so excited now!"

"Good!"

Then someone walks in. It's Leone, the wig master!

"Hey Meredith, ya ready for your wig?"

"YES!" I squeal.

Leone puts on my wig cap, them tells me to close my eyes as he puts on the long, blonde, curly wig.

"Okay, open!" He says after about ten minutes.

I open my eyes. When I look in the mirror, I almost scream. I look completely different! Which is weird, because I already have blonde hair. I no longer see 14 year old Meredith Green. Now, I see Meg Giry. It finally hits me- I'm on Broadway.. I'M ON BROADWAY!

I start to get a little emotional, letting a single tear escape my eye.

Then, Harry walks in. He's already in his costume, makeup done, ready to go. He looks at me and smiles.

"I must say, you are the prettiest Meg Giry I've ever seen." he says, kissing me on my forehead. I blush.

After Harry leaves, I get into my Coney Island Waltz costume. The skirt is so big, I wonder how I'll be able to fit through the door.

After about an hour of playing around with Sierra, we hear, "Places everyone!" over the intercom.

Here goes nothing!

*immediately after curtain closes after finale*

The show went great! I remembered all of my lines and everything! No mishaps! I couldn't have been happier.

Sierra and i stand up, and hug each other tightly, rushing off the stage for curtain call.

"I can't believe I just did that!" I whisper.

Sierra grins.

I go out on stage for curtain call. The bright stage lights are beaming on my face, the audience is going crazy. I bow, and take in this surreal moment. Then I back away, and Harry comes out. He takes a quick bow,then back up toward me and takes my hand.

Then Sierra and Ramin come out, holding hands. Sierra takes her bow, as does Ramin. Then, he dips Sie and they kiss. The audience screams. It's crazy! I let out a small squeal. They're so cute together!

We take the company bow, then we all rush back into our dressing rooms to get on our outfits for the afterparty and press stuff.

My dress is strapless and floor-length. It's white with light blue flowers all over it. I love it, it's so pretty!

My hair is already curled from the show, so i tidy it up and leave it. Sierra looks gorgeous- she's wearing the same blue dress that she wore for the London premiere of the show. She has her hair curled and swept to the side.

As I slip on my tan heels, Harry walks in. He's just wearing a tux, but coincidentally he has on a bow tie that is the exact same color as the flowers on my dress!

"awww, you guys are all matchy-matchy!! How cute!" Sierra squeals.

Harry blushes. "Hello beautiful. I have something for you." I notice his hands behind his back.

"Aww, you shouldn't have!"

"But first, close your eyes."

I close my eyes, and feel something go around my neck.

I open my eyes, and see a beautiful silver necklace. the pendant is a key, embedded with rhinestones.

"Aw, Harry I love it! Thank you so much!"

He smiles and plants a kiss on my lips, caressing my cheek.

I step out onto the red carpet, and the cameras start flashing. I pose willingly. I make my way down the red carpet, signing autographs and taking pictures, LOTS of pictures. I finally make my way to the interviewer from broadway.com.

"So, Meredith, how does it feel to be the youngest Meg Giry ever?"

"Woah, I didn't know that!" I reply. "In that case, I feel extremely lucky to have gotten this part. It's life changing."

"That's good to hear. So, I hear you're in a so-called "showmance". Could you tell us about that? the interviewer says.

My face turns red.

"Uh, yeah, Harry Child is the sweetest thing ever. he actually gave me the necklace I'm wearing right now."

"That is so sweet!" she says.

After the interview, I head inside where the afterparty is being held. There is food everywhere, I'm so tempted to eat it all!

Throughout the night Harry, Ramin, Sierra and I ate and danced and laughed. I got several compliments on my performance. The amount of flowers I recieved throughout the night is unreal. When Sie and I went back to our dressing room after the party, we could barely even get in the door! We were almost swimming in a big pool of flowers, Lots of flowers! We had the best time singing Barbara Streisand karaoke. We were literally belting our heads off! It was fun though. I couldn't think of a better ending to the best day ever!