•the snowball•

"I really did think you looked beautiful tonight."

One month later

One month later

Joe secretly could not wait for the Snowball. She would never admit it, but secretly she loved getting dressed up. She was a secret girly girl at heart. That wasn't the only reason she was excited though.

Max was gonna be there. They hadn't really talked about what happened on the bus since that time in the Byers' house. They also didn't talk about the fact that they had undeniable tension between them.

Joe was super nervous. She hadn't asked Max to be her date or anything, but she did know both her and Max were going solo, which she sighed in relief at. All Joe did was ask Max if she was going, then panic internally when she said she was.

Ever since then, Joe had harassed Steve to take her dress shopping, which he did. They found the perfect dress for her and Steve even learned how to do the hairstyle she wanted. Her hair had grown out a little bit more, which she was beginning to like. She even did her makeup for the occasion.

"Do you think I look okay?" Joe asked, looking down at the baby pink dress.

Steve turned to look at her, still holding curlers and a comb in his hands.

"Joe, you look amazing," He said with a smile, "Max will love it."

Joe froze. She had never told him anything about her crush on Max. Did Dustin tell Steve?

"I never said anything about Max," Joe stated, feigning confusion.

"Joe," Steve said, "I know you have feelings for Max. I'm your older brother. I know you better than anyone."

"Is it really that obvious?" Joe asked with a sigh of a defeat.

"Well, yes," Steve smiled, "I just want you to know. I'm here for you, and I love you unconditionally."

Joe rolled her eyes while still smiling. Steve always was so emotional, but she loved it.

"I love you too, Steve," Joe smiled, giving him a quick hug.

"Whenever you're ready, we can go pick up Dustin," Steve said with a smile.

"I'm ready," Joe replied, standing and smoothing out her dress, "You should really be a hairstylist, you know?"

"Considering how amazing you look right now, I agree," Steve laughed, patting his sister on the shoulder, "C'mon, let's go, kiddo."