•wednesday addams•

"I'm Wednesday Addams, you uncultured swine!"

It was Halloween. It had always been Joe's favorite holiday. She was going as Wednesday Addams, the true gothic princess.

As she adjusted her dress and braided her hair, Steve came barging in, offering to drive her to school. How could she say no to that?

"Are you really dressing up?" Steve asked from the driver's seat, "That's kinda lame."
"You're kinda lame," she replied, applying lipstick using the fold down mirror in his car.

He huffed in annoyance, pulling up into the school parking lot. Joe spotted the boys, already clad in their Ghostbuster attire. At least her costume was more lowkey than theirs.

"See ya, Steve!" She yelled, hopping out.
"Bye!"

She ran to the front of the school, practically pouncing on the boys.

"You guys look so good! Ah!" She shouted excitedly, hugging them all.
"Look at you!" Will smiled, hugging her back.
"Whoa whoa, why are you Venkman?" Mike asked, pointing at Lucas.

Joe looked down at both of their name tags, and sure enough, both of them were Venkman.

"Because, I'm Venkman," Lucas stated, like it was obvious.
"No, I'm Venkman."
"You can both be Venkman," Joe concluded, Will nodding in agreement.
"There's only one Venkman in real life. We planned this months ago," Mike stated, seeming strangely upset, "I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, Will's Egon, Lucas is Winston, and you're some goth girl!"
"I'm Wednesday Addams, you uncultured swine!" She rolled her eyes.
"Whatever!"
"I specifically did not agree to Winston," Lucas stated.
"Yes, you did!" Mike shouted.

Mike was way too heated about this. It was weirding Joe out.

"I don't think he did," Will added, also feeling strange about the situation.
"No one wants to be Winston, man."
"What's wrong with Winston?" Mike asked.
"What's wrong with Winston? He joined the team super late, he's not funny, and he's not even a scientist!" Lucas argued.
"He's still cool."
"Why don't you be Winston then, Mike?" The dark haired girl asked.
"I can't!"
"Why not?"
"Because..."
"Because you're not black?" Lucas deadpanned.

Joe was annoyed at the boys bickering. She glanced around the premise, suddenly noticing that all the other students were not costume-clad.

"Shit" she mumbled.

It was only a matter of time before the boys noticed how stupid they all looked.

When they did, they felt just as crappy as Joe did. They looked like idiots. As they walked through school, people were laughing and mocking them.

"I thought you said other people would be dressed up!" Joe hissed, her braids bouncing.
"Everyone dressed up last year," Will mumbled in response.

Joe, Dustin, and Lucas headed to their lockers. People still continued to mock them and Joe felt really self conscious. It all changed when she saw Max riding in on her skateboard. God, what was wrong with her? She felt so weird every time she saw her long red hair.

The boys began talking about how they wanted to talk to Max, but they looked stupid. Joe couldn't stand it anymore. She went up to Max, despite looking stupid.

"Boo," She greeted, Max slamming her locker.

The boys watched in surprise and curiosity.

"Woah, Wednesday Addams? Nice," the red head complemented, making Joe blush.
"You don't think it's stupid?"
"Well, it's a little stupid," Max laughed,"But you look amazing, so it makes up for it."

Joe blushed even harder.

"You're cute when you blush," Max commented, immediately regretting it.

She couldn't let anyone know she was queer.

"Oh-uh-wow-thanks! I mean- you're cute... when you blush... too," Joe scrambled to get the words out.
"C'mon, Stuttering Bill, Let's go to class," Max stated, linking arms with the girl in all black.