•goodnight•

TW: Homophobia and Violence

"I deserve better."

PRESENT DAY: MARCH 1986

Becky Washburn shouldn't have been out in the woods alone that night. Her and Andy had gotten into a fight. He wanted to go all the way, no longer satisfied with kissing and groping through clothes. She just wasn't ready yet, and that was somehow her fault.

She had stormed off, desperately needing fresh air to reconsider everything about their relationship. She was starting to think that they shouldn't be together anymore. He hadn't even bothered to chase after her. He didn't care. It was clear he only wanted one thing.

So there she was, alone in the woods, clutching her jacket to her thin frame tightly for any sliver of protection from the cool air.

A twig cracked behind her. She whipped her head around, expecting to see Andy, but nobody was there.

"Hello?" She called out into the darkness.

No one answered.

It had to be Andy. He was practically rubbing salt in the wound at this point. Trying to push her into getting intimate, then punishing her by scaring her in the woods when she told him no.

"Andy, this isn't freaking funny," She called out again, anger in her voice with a hint of fear as well.

She heard another twig break behind her. She whipped her body around, letting out a yelp at the sight of a figure standing in the darkness.

Her anger turned to confusion when she realized that the figure was Joanna Harrington.

"Joanna, what on earth are you doing out here? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Becky asked, still recovering from the jump scare her friend had given her.

"Just go back inside, Becky," Joe muttered, sounding quite strange and unlike herself, "It's not safe out here."

She almost sounded as if she was in pain, struggling against something.

"You're freaking me out, Joanna," Becky stated, taking a few steps back.

Joe didn't say anything. She just stood there, which only freaked Becky out even more.

"Look, if this is about what I said behind your back. I didn't mean it," Becky randomly said.

This intrigued the dark haired girl. What had this vile teenager been saying?

"What did you say behind my back, Becky?" Joe asked.

"I- you didn't hear? Nevermind then. I didn't say anything," Becky quickly spoke, trying to cover her ass, but ultimately failing miserably.

Joe suddenly threw the other girl up against a nearby tree. Becky let out a shriek of surprise and pain. Joe wasn't gentle at all.

"What. Did. You. Say?" Joe asked again, scarily calm.