•protect or kill?•

"I don't want to hurt anyone, Billy."

The pool was empty now

The pool was empty now. Billy was the only one who remained. He couldn't go home, not now, not when The Mind Flayer had such big plans for him.

He decided to hop in the shower and let the cold water pour all over his aching body. It ached from the heat, of course. It never used to do that before all of this began.

The humane part of him, the part that was still Billy Hargrove, felt bad for what happened to Joe. She was a good kid for the most part. They had a past, but she definitely didn't deserve this outcome. He hurt her. He tortured her. He killed her. What he did to her was basically signing her life away to The Mind Flayer, as well as putting a signature on her death certificate.

He thought he may never forgive himself, but he couldn't stop now. The Mind Flayer insisted he keep going. He had to keep building.

Enough of this, the little voice in the back of his head told him. He shut the shower off, grabbing the towel he had hung up. He wrapped it around himself, heading to his locker. He got his bottom half dressed quickly. A loud clang sounded from behind him. He wasn't worried though. It was probably some stupid kid or something. Nothing he couldn't handle.

"Pool's closed," He called out, not even looking away from his locker.

The noises persisted. They were testing him at this point.

"Hey," He called out, getting angrier.

He slammed his locker shut, storming towards the noise.

"Do you hear me? Pool is closed!"

He got to the exit of the Men's bathroom. He tried to push the door open, but it wouldn't budge. He hit it again. It was locked. Someone was definitely messing with him, and they would be sorry, especially if The Mind Flayer decided to add them to his army.

He continued to beat on the door until the lights went out.

"Billy!" A voice taunted from far off in the distance.

"Who's there?" He asked.

He would kill this kid when he got his hands on him. Or worse.

"Billy!" The voice sang tauntingly again.

They were playing with him, like cat and mouse. He should be the cat, not the mouse. His fists balled in pure rage.

"Who's there?" Billy yelled out in a sing-song tone, matching the energy of the voice that kept calling for him.

He heard a laugh in the distance. They are laughing at you, the little voice reminded him, They are all laughing at you. Make them pay.

He yanked the curtains back on one of the showers. Nobody was in there.

"Billy!" The voice called out in the distance again, "Billy!"