•joanna "ǝoɾ" harrington•

TW: Violence and Assault

"Joe, are you... are you okay?"

Joe's eyes fluttered open

Joe's eyes fluttered open. Fuck, her head really hurt. As her vision began to come back into focus, she realized where she was at. She was engulfed in darkness and couldn't stretch her legs. Oh, yeah, I'm in Billy Hargrove's fucking trunk.

She didn't know where she was being taken, but she did know that this whole situation was super shitty. Billy was definitely not right.

She moved slightly, moaning a bit at the instant pain she felt. Her back was bruised and so was her neck. The back of her head hurt pretty bad as well, and it might have been bleeding.

Joe wasn't sure how she was going to explain bruises on her neck to Max if she made it out of this alive. Like what is she supposed to say, "Oh, Babe, I swear it's not a hickey. Your insane step-brother just choked me almost to death before throwing me in his trunk." That sounded insane, but in Hawkins, anything was possible.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the car coming to a stop. Joe knew she had to get away from him. She had to fake him out. She closed her eyes quickly, steadying her shaky breathing as best as she could. She heard the door open and slam shut. Billy was getting out. It's go time.

The trunk popped open. Billy stood over the smaller girl's frame, who he believed to still be knocked out from hitting her head. He lifted her into his arms like a baby.

Before he could even start to move with her limp body in his arms, her eyes fluttered open as her fist met his nose. It would surely leave a mark.

"Son of a bitch!" He screamed, dropping her.

She landed, surprisingly, on her feet. Run, she thought. She had to run as fast as she could. She couldn't take the car, she knew he had the keys.

She also had no idea where she was. She quickly took in her surroundings. They seemed to be in the middle of nowhere at a large building with a sign that read "Brimborn Steel Works."

Joe knew her best bet was hiding in the building. She couldn't outrun Billy in the forest. He was faster and stronger, and since it was dark, she could foresee herself getting disoriented and lost very quickly.

She sprinted as fast as she could into the steel mill. I'm going to die, she thought to herself. Once she was inside, it was almost as disorienting as the dark forest outside. It was pitch black inside, and even worse, she felt like she wasn't alone in there, even though Billy was outside recovering from a hard punch to the face.

As she began to move inside the building even more, she tripped. Her body collided with the floor. She glanced back at what she tripped on. A tentacle. A fucking moving tentacle. Joe couldn't help but scream.

Billy slammed the door to the steel mill open, staring at her with a sinister smile.

"If only you just let it happen the way it was supposed to, Joanna," Billy muttered, "I could have made it painless for you. You're special, just like me. He doesn't want you to be in pain, but now, you have to be punished.