Almost Got It

"Iruma kun, I have noticed lately that you are having a hard time doing well in your studies, dear. Is there any problem? You can tell me anything," Sullivan asked his grandson while they were sitting in the dining room and eating their dinner. His sudden question made Iruma stop eating his food and look at his grandfather.

"Actually, to be honest, grandpa, it's true that I was having a hard time learning, especially since I still have limited knowledge in this world. I just got here for almost a year and a half, and I feel that everything is too advanced for me. And out of all my classmates, I think I was left behind when it comes to studying well except for human biology," Iruma honestly told his grandfather about his concern.

"If that's so, how about this? I have already arranged a tutor for you, and he will teach you till you get the education that the young demons around your age should have," Sullivan told his grandson, which shocked Iruma. "Really, Grandpa? You will do that for me?" Iruma asked while still shocked by what his grandfather had just said.

"Of course, my grandchild, I would do that for you," Sullivan said to his grandson with a smile on his face. "Thank you, Grandpa. I really appreciate what you have done for me, but Grandpa, may I ask who my tutor would be?" Iruma asked his grandfather, wondering who his tutor might be.

"Ohhh, it's your homeroom teacher, Kalego," Sullivan answered to his grandson's question. His question suddenly made Iruma choke on the food that he was currently eating. Iruma immediately grabbed the water that Opera had given him. "Are you okay, Iruma? Is there something wrong with what I have just said?" Sullivan worriedly asked his grandson.

Don't worry, grandpa; I'm okay now. I'm just surprised that Kalego Sensei is my tutor." Iruma reassured his grandfather after he got out of being choked by his food and started to eat slowly again.

His grandfather got confused after hearing what he had just said: "Why are you surprised that he is your tutor?" Sullivan asked his grandson while his voice was filled with confusion. "Actually, I didn't expect that Kalego Sensei would have agreed to tutor me," Iruma answered to his grandfather's question. "Well, I eventually made him agree to tutor you," Sullivan said while sounding proud that he was able to let Kalego agree without knowing that Kalego had a different purpose for why he agreed to tutor Iruma.

"Oh, that's great," Iruma said to his grandfather. "Now, Iruma, you need to finish your food and sleep so you can wake up early in the morning tomorrow; your tutoring with Kalego will start tomorrow," Sullivan informed his grandson. "Okay, grandpa," Iruma said, and started to eat quickly.

After a while, they have already finished eating dinner, and Iruma is already in his bedroom, laying in bed and staring at his bedroom's ceiling. The room was filled with silence when Ali suddenly came out of Iruma's ring and spoke, "Hey Iru boy, what's in your mind?" Ali's sudden burst made Iruma surprised.

"Heyyy Ali, don't do that again'' Iruma said when Ali suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Oh, sorry about that kiddo, but Iru boy, you should have already used to it now," Ali said. "But still, don't do it; you will give me a heart attack even though I'm just 14 years old if you keep doing that," Iruma said.

"Okay, fine, but can you answer my question earlier?" Ali asked, trying to find an answer through him. "Actually, I'm quite happy right now that I could spend time with Kalego after a few days of not being able to spend time together because of the school stuff," Iruma said calmly while staring at the ceiling once again.

"Yeah, it's been a while, huh, but Iruma, when are you going to tell your grandfather about the relationship that you have with him?" Ali asked. "I actually don't know when I could tell my grandfather about that. I know that he is supportive of everything that I do, and I know that he would accept my relationship with him, but I couldn't just bring it up to him right now." Iruma answered Ali's question.

Ali was supposed to say something, but he saw that Iruma had already fallen asleep after he said his answer. "Sleep now, Iru boy. I hope you are able to find the right time to tell your grandfather about your relationship," Ali said quietly and went back into the ring.

It was the next day, and Iruma's heart raced with anticipation as he woke up early, eager to spend time with his beloved Kalego. The sun had just started to cast its gentle morning rays through the window, painting the room with a soft, warm light. Unable to contain his excitement, Iruma quickly got out of bed and got dressed.

His footsteps were light as he made his way to the living room, where he had agreed to meet Kalego. Iruma had a fondness for that particular chair in the corner, and he couldn't help but smile as he took a seat there. He waited and waited, and after a few minutes, he heard Opera call him from the front door.

Iruma's heart skipped a beat.

After days of not being able to spend time together with a sense of urgency, Iruma got up from the chair, his anticipation growing stronger with every step. He walked down the corridor, following Opera's directions to where Kalego awaited him.

And there, in the soft morning light, he laid eyes on his beloved Kalego, the demon who had not only become his mentor but also the keeper of his heart. Their eyes met, and in that instant, Iruma felt an overwhelming surge of affection for Kalego. He was ready for the day's lessons, but he didn't know Kalego had a different plan for this day.

The both of them walked to Iruma's room, and after a few minutes of walking, they both reached the room, and they settled in at the table that Opera had put up yesterday when they heard about the tutoring. Kalego started to explain their lessons after they got settled. As time passed, their lesson went to giving Iruma activities.

While Iruma was doing the activity that was given to him, Kalego decided to do something with Iruma. He slowly put his hand into Iruma's legs when the door suddenly opened by the chairdemon and started to ask questions, and this made Kalego feel annoyed.

Requested by:
MEEKOKURURINKU