chapter 9

It's been about a month since everything happened and Lucifer was adjusting well and still trying to figure out what happened.

And still he despised Childe yet was growing to despise him less and Today childe decided to give Lucifer a lesson on wind gliding which was probably the worse thing he could do.

And right now they were on a hill and Lucifer had the wind windglider on looking pissed.

Childe : why are you mad?"

Lucifer : you are the reason I broke my wings"

Childe : how is that my f-

Lucifer: everything is"

Childe : all you gotta do is jump now"

Lucifer : .....you're trying to kill me......."

Childe : no? That's What Aether said to do when teaching me"

Lucifer : he's trying to kill you"

Childe : come on just trust me? What has trusting me gotta you so far?"

Lucifer : almost killed"

Childe : .....well anyway try it this is how it goes"

Lucifer :.....this is stupid"

Childe : do stupid then?"

Lucifer : ......"
Lucifer rolled his eyes yet
Did what childe said and jumped and takes of well until he hit a mountain"

Childe : .....theu grow up so fast"

Venti : what ya doing?"

Childe suddenly jump as venti appeared out of nowhere.

Childe : hey.....what are you doing here"

Venti : I know that isn't Zhongil. Traveler told me the situation and I could tell and wanted to see for myself.

So he's really a demon from another universe?"

Childe : yeah"

Venti : I knew a demon once from another world probably the same one.

His name was Barbatos like me"

Childe : explain?"

Venti : he was different. no ordinary demon he was like a God could control time and space.

Even the gods were afraid of him but he was a chill guy then he left"

Childe : hmm wonder if luci knows him?"

Barbatos : let's ask"

Childe : y-!?

Suddenly Barbatos shifted the winds and Lucifer Immediately hit childe knocking him down.

And as childe was on the floor with the air knock out of him.
Lucifer stood up.

Veni : hey friend of Zhongil and also do you know a guy named Barbatos sorta q time god?"

Lucifer : yeah how do you know him?"

Venti : he came here a long time ago"

Childe rolled over and said in pain on the ground.

Chidle : y...y you think he's the reason for.....our world being connected
....."

Lucifer : he was reckless in his younger years so he could have left a portal or something opened"

Childe : bu...but how are you and Zhongil connected....."

Lucifer : I don't know. Whatever the reason I'm sure
he can figure something out"

Childe : ......can someone help me up......"

Zhongil : care for a drink he's buying"

Venti : sure!"

Lucifer then picked up Childe's leg and dragged him away with them.

Later at a tavern the the three of them were drinking but as childe was pass out with his head on the table. Lucifer was talking with Venti getting more information out of him.

Venti : man sounds like he's doing good"

Lucifer : why do you say Barbatos wouldn't return here even If it meant helping us?"

Venti : because Last time he was here he basically went to war with the gods. And intervene with their plans multiple times.

He said also before he left he would never return not wanting to cause chaos in this world. And because if he did it would wake up the gods."

Lucifer : if they became aware of me what would happen?"

Venti : you are one powerful. Just that and knowing Barbatos they would try and kill you and anyone else who has talk to you.....but we'll be fine probably?"

Lucifer : you think someone has it out for Zhongil?"

Venti : things were strange before this happened. He noticed someone was spying on him yet never saw them.

He even talked to me about it
The day this happened."

Lucifer : someone definitely had to be planning this"

Venti : yeah. Anyway I'll keep a look out for anything. Also gotta head out see ya"

After this venti left leaving Lucifer alone with childe who was still asleep.

Lucifer then looked at him sleeping and was thinking how it has been with him. It was an interesting experience so far.

He didn't expect to have things in common with him have someone understand similar problems.

Yet he still couldn't stand him not just because he was annoying but because another reason.

In a way Childe reminded him of all his brothers and seeing childe with his brother reminded Lucifer of good time with his own.

But also made him remember how things were before he was gone.

He didn't tell Childe this bur before this happened he had q fight with all his brothers that ended badly.

That made him think he broke his relationship with his family. And seeing childe with his own brother was like bittersweet in a way.

Lucifer then tried waking up childe and said.

Lucifer : come on we need to go"

But childe wasn't moving he was pass out drunk.

Lucifer :.....I'll leave you here if you don't wake up"

Still childe didn't wake up so he got up and started walking towards the door before looking back once more than leaving.

Later as Lucifer was walking back to Childe's place he was carrying childe on his back as he walked. Going back for him seconds after leaving.

And even then childe was still sleeping resting his head Lucifer's shoulder and mumbling things.

Lucifer : idiot drinking yourself senseless.....then again I probably shouldn't have hit you that hard.....but you deserved it"

Later once at Childe's place Lucifer walked in and set Chidle down on the couch before getting a blanket and covering him with it.

He looked at him for a few seconds before walking away.

Lucifer : ........."