chapter 15

A few days later Lucifer was out walking through liyue not having anything else to do today and saw everyone setting up for some event.

Childe : wanna what's going on?"

Lucifer : I suppose"

Childe : it's going to be lantern rite tomorrow night. Pretty big deal around around here."

Lucifer : seems so"

Childe : we can go together? I can show you around?"

Lucifer : okay....."

Childe : really? Just like that? Normally you would be mean about it? Or say no?"

Lucifer : I'm tired today....
"

Childe : you sure look like it?.....you doing alright?"

Lucifer : I'm fine.....just been a long couple of days"

Childe : .....if you say so?"

Childe got the feeling something was wrong but he didn't want to push it.

The next night Childe was showing Lucifer around who seemed awfully quite and tired but pushing through.

Eventually Aether paimon Hu Tao came over to celebrate with Lucifer and show him around and he seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself.

But Childe couldn't help but notice something was off. He had a gut feeling something wasn't right.

And as the night was soon coming to an end him and Lucifer were alone sitting down eating and watching everything.

And Lucifer was quite until he said looking at the sky.

Lucifer : a human's life is so short a small fraction almost nothing compared to a demon.

I've lived for thousands of years seen so much.....seen my brothers grow up to be slightly independent and adults.....everyday they were happy and okay it made the pain worth it....easy to bear.....

I always wondered how they would be without me if they would make it.....be okay.....and I like to think they would.......

A parent watches their child grow up care for them .....and eventually dies doing their job like fate intended.....a fate they can't stop.....

I feel like I've done my job....so.....that lives one thing...."

Childe : ......you're not dying right? ......I was only kidding?.....Lucifer......"

Lucifer : ......I like you.....you're a good human and big brother despite what you or anyone else thinks.....I will kind of miss being annoyed by you....."

Childe : Lucifer what's going on?"

Lucifer then took a deep but weak breath and said sitting up walking away.

Lucifer : ....follow me....it's best not to talk here......."

Childe : ........"

Childe followed him that gut feeling worsening.

Few minutes later as they enter the woods getting far from the city Lucifer suddenly collapse to the ground against tree seeming worse than before.

Childe : Lucifer!?"

Lucifer : st....stay back....please...."

Childe : i-

Childe suddenly noticed skin turning back from his hands and neck and asked worried.