chapter 14

Childe was immediately knocked to the ground as Lucifer was on him trying to choke but Childe managed to kick him back and said quickly getting up getting ready to fight if he needed.

Childe: hey hey! Let's calm down you don't need to do th-!?

Lucifer didn't listen to him and they both immediately started fighting. And for once Childe didn't want to fight but Lucifer looked like he was going to kill him.

But during this Childe continued to try and talk Lucifer out of this and soon started running to by more time.

Lucifer fighting him at full force was actually pretty tough and would be fun under different circumstances.

Anyway as he build up a distance between him and Lucifer he hid and suddenly got an idea on how to defuse the situation.

Childe : it works on my siblings  surely it will work on a thousands of year old demon right?"

Few seconds later as Lucifer came close looking around Childe suddenly he was hit in the face with a snowball.

Lucifer  : wha-!?

Suddenly he was hit again and Childe peeked out from behind a tree and said holding some snowballs.

Childe : I'm not afraid to use this!"

Lucifer  : ......what are you doing?"

Childe : I don't know!"

Lucifer  : this isn't going to distance me fr-!?

Childe threw another one and Lucifer had enough of Childes games and decided to try and throw one at Childe who kept running around.

Lucifer   : STOP RUNNING!!"

Childe : NOT UNLESS YOU PROMISE NOT TO KILL ME!"

Lucifer : ......KEEP RUNNING!"

Childe : ......"

few minutes later this somehow this somehow turned into Lucifer trying to kill Childe to a snowball fight.

Which ended as Childe was hit with one and knocked down.

Childe : ....snow shouldn't hurt that much......"

Lucifer : I have had to deal with my brothers for thousands of years. You were never winning this"

Childe : ......still we should talk.....just wanna help...."

Lucifer thought about it then said walking over to him and looking down at him as Childe was in pain from the snowball.

Lucifer  : I suppose when we get back"

Childe : cool....."

The next day they arrived back in liyue and got to Childe's place there and as Lucifer sat down looking through photos he took from the lab on his phone Childe asked.

Childe  : when did you do that?"

Lucifer : I have practice getting information quickly"

Childe : cool. So I want to know.  Why leave your brothers?"

Lucifer : why pay it any attention?"

Childe : well you helped me out a lot with my brother and what happened back there.....I don't know? It's just been kinda fun and interesting since you showed up.

Didn't really have much going on before then."

Lucifer : .....I can say it has not exactly been boring but it has been stressful"

Childe : did you compliment me Luci?"

Lucifer  : ....do not call me that...."

Childe : oh come I'm sure you thought of a nickname for me?"

Lucifer  : pain in my a-

Childe : ok.....Anyway I just think maybe I could talk to you and help out with your situation"

Lucifer : more happened than what I told you than what you read.

I've always made mistakes with my brothers recent events made it clear they would be best without me.....wether that be I ran off or died"

Childe : what would they think?"

Lucifer  : they wouldn't want me to leave"

Childe : then why go?"

Lucifer  : no matter how hard I try I continue to mess up I continue to distance and  estranged my relationship with them.........I hurt them or I get them hurt.....I don't know why I am the way I am. They mean everything to me yet I act like they are nothing but a nuisance"

Childe : you know what they say can't love anyone else if you don't love yourself"

Lucifer  : .......did you read that from a book?"

Childe : yes it was about therapy or something like that. I think I would be great"

Lucifer  : not of yothe cause of trauma"

Childe : true I probably am. But I get the feeling I'm right?. Which I hope so because I never am"

Lucifer : ....maybe you are. It was always my job to watch them I dragged them down......If I do hate myself I hate what I have done to them I hate how I failed time and time again with everything and everyone"

Childe : you mentioned you were the avatar of pride yet you are having no problem admitting your wrongs?"

Lucifer : I don't know why I feel comfortable doing so. But tell anyone I'll kill you"

Childe : you still have a chance to fix things with you're brothers and I'll help ya. Besides making sure the world doesn't end and all that.

I'll also make sure you get to see them again"

Lucifer  : .......you seem like you wouldn't be a bad friend"

Childe : did you admit we're friends!?"

Lucifer  : .......for now"

Childe : .....oh one of us is definitely dying. you admit we are friends!"

Lucifer: I hope it's you then"