Chapter 1: A fatal mistake can change everything

||warning: this story will be a bit more descriptive and I don't want to just let you guys go in blind so be prepared.. I guess?||

Mabey it was the harsh and cold blow of the wind? Or perhaps cold and wet water below that hit his back, drenching his clothing as he descended into the depths below? Or even the yelling from above as he was pulled down? Nonetheless he was sinking, drowning even. The blood and dirt from the battle earlier mixing with the cold icy waters. But he did it, he defeated Retak'ka, he won!.. But that didn't matter right now, he had no energy, and while he might of had the willpower to try and define gravity's pull and swim up, he simply couldn't. The poor hero even felt his consciousness fade as the dark waters shallowed him whole, watching as his friends swam as fast as they could in hopes to save their friend.

All he could do was reach a weak hand out and hope and pray that they would all get out of this alive, rather than him sinking into the darkness of the water. But unfortunately for him, the world had other plans in store for him. For our dear hero wasn't expecting the freezing water to pull him down at such a fast rate, as if he had accidentally swam too far out to sea and had gotten caught in a current and dragged under. He was dragged away farther from his friends, and that's when everything when black.

And when he woke up he was greeted by a dark star lifted sky looking at him with its calming glow, the distance sounds of the city echoing in his ears. Was he dead? while it was a single thought that went through his mind, he knew it was highly unlikely. So with what little energy he had left, he pushed himself off the sandy riverbank of the area he was in, however the sight in front of him confused him as it wasn't he originally was, not only that, it wasn't even a hospital or medical area/bay. No, in front of him stood a city, tall and standing strong. It did at least explain why he heard such sounds, but he had originally racked it up as his hearing. However, laying here wasn't going to get him any answers any sooner, so he scrambled up--almost falling in the process--and slowly walked towards the streets ahead.

 However, laying here wasn't going to get him any answers any sooner, so he scrambled up--almost falling in the process--and slowly walked towards the streets ahead

.

.

.

It was early morning by now and our hero hadn't really found much, he tried doing what he could for his wounds as he didn't have any money. He currently sat in an alleyway beside a busy street, the crowds of people and beeping of cars common amongst it. Some people did sent boboiboy a few glances, but he didn't care, his mind currently going through what info he had gathered in his few hours here. Apparently this place was called ninjago, and odd name for a city--but at the same time a cool one--, and judging by the maps he did see, this wasn't on earth. Our hero did have a few theory's as to why: another not well known planet, or even a whole different universe, which really wasn't out the world of possibility's.

He'd exhale, all this thinking really was getting to him one way or another. Taking his hat off, he brushed a hand through his hair, before moving said hand back down to his chin in a thinking motion. What if he flew around the city? Would anyone notice? He'd move his free hand to his watch and scrapped off what sand remained on it with his thumb. He decided it was the best thing he could do for now, pushing himself up into a standing position, he walked over to an empty part of the alleyway before doing so.