Chapter 14: A late night snack

[Note: "Normal", "Malay," please be aware of this tiny difference. and if you see these bits |".."| the character is thinking]

.

.

.

It currently just past midnight, around 12:50 to be exact. Quiet was the only word to describe the monastery, dark and silent, with the only sounds being the ticking of a cloak, the breeze of air from outside and the creaking sounds of someone walking through the halls of the monastery...

Wait, what?!

Yes that's right, it was the middle of the night and our elemental hero couldn't sleep.

It had been hard trying to push back any excess thoughts of his past memories with him now becoming more and more homesick.

Especially after the day before.

Nonetheless, he decided the only way to try and go back to sleep was by going to the kitchen and getting a nice cold glass of water!.. and mabey some food while he was there.

So there he was, glass of water on the kitchen's island, and himself searching through the fridge for something to eat.

"Well I wasn't expecting you to be up.. found any cake while you're in there?" A voice spoke up from beside the elemental hero, causing him to flinch and almost jump up, only to hit his head on the fridge when he raised it.

"Ouch- sorry b, didn't mean to scare you there!" The voice apologized, with boboiboy looking up at recognizing who it was.. Cole.

"Cole! I uh, it's alright I'm fine" boboiboy said, rubbing his head where he had bumped it. Cole chuckled, "yeah sure.. mind if I uh.." cole waved a hand to the fridge and boboiboy would step back "Oh! Of course!" He'd mutter in response.

Cole--without another word--would move, leaning down, before searching the fridge for whatever leftover cake he could find.

After a few minutes of silence boboiboy spoke up, only to get cut off by cole, "sorry.. if I woke you-" "no worries! You didn't do anything, I just got hungry in my sleep and woke up, I just wanted food". Cole laughed, his stomach always managed to get the better of him.

Boboiboy couldn't help but give a sad smile in return, coles aditude towards food really did remind him of gopal.

The earth ninja would then step back, leaning back upright as he unexpectingly didn't have just one plate containing a slice of cake.. but two.

For a moment boboiboy was confused, before Cole shoved one plate into his hands. "Alright, come on spill the beans" Cole said, with a much more serious tone than before.

"Wha.." the dino boy tried to respond, watching as Cole closed the fridge door, removing the rooms only light source.

"Kiddo.. I can see it in your face.. you look.. upset" Cole continued, turning to face the younger once again.

"Upset? Cole I'm perfectly fine see!" Boboiboy replied, pointing at his face as he gave a wide smile. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't good at acting and cole had way too much experience in this; he was considered the oldest "sibling" in their little team of ninja after all. And it wasn't too hard to see that his smile didn't quite match the expression his eyes gave.