3

" What happened to you Friday? "

The hen party had finally happened. Much to you dismay, it happened in the way that aligned best with your mother and society. On a Saturday instead of a Friday. If only you could shake your fist.

" I was sick and needed to go home. " And That wasn't exactly false.

" Really? Was it something you ate there? "

" Nooh.. It was just my nerves, after all. It might've been because I ate dinner before the dance. "

" You know you never eat dinner before you wear a dress, " Lorelei laid on her bed with her beautiful, blonde hair ricocheting off the edge. " You'll be bloated the entire night. And you might make yourself sick. If I can, I don't eat the entire day of. "

" That's a little off, don't you think? "

" I eat every day. " She laughed, " I won't starve or die. "

" When you put it like that, Lorelei, I suppose you're right. " You lay with your hand cradling your head, pajamas rolled up to the forearm. Lore's bed was so comfortable and nice, and warm most importantly.

You thought about yesterday. When you got back, your mom told you you had missed Leeroy at a split. You left at 6:50-ish very intentionally. But, really this time she was downright angry that you rejected the male.

She threw him a thorough pity party, going as far as to scold you about mistreating him. As if he was a pre-existing boyfriend or husband, and not some man who just decided to insert himself into your life from senior year to now.

You're tickled by the fact that he wasn't bored yet. They always lose interest after chasing for TOO long. Some men really love the chase, but not when they end up looking stupid. If Lee knew what was good for him, he'd swallow the dose of stupid you put on him and let things be.

" - And me and Marshall are getting serious. " Lori's voice and a chorus of whistles snapped you from your man-fueled daze. Even when he's gone he's here. That's a problem.

" How serious? " After asking so playfully, you earned a embarrassed nudge from Lori.

" Oh, you are just too bad! " She blushed between giggles, " We've been seeing eachother for nine months now. "

" That's a nice amount of time, though. "

" You'll really learn some things about him in that stretch. "

" Is he a good kisser? "

You whipped your head around at Shanice, surprised by her gall. Now she was no better than you.

"...Yes. "
The group exploded into commotion, between laughter and surprise. It was so bad, Mrs. had come up and opened the door.

" Lorelei, Everyone! " She wasn't mad, thankfully - More surprised and humored by the volume you'd suddenly become.

" Sorry Mrs. Powers. " Oh! So that was their last name. " Sorry. " You said as well, holding back a giggle.

" You all be good. " Once the door closed again, the giggling resumed like nothing happened.

" Do you think you'll be together permanently? "
" Oh, I do. Marshall is so strong, but he's so soft when he needs to be. "

You whistled, earning another bashful nudge between laughter from the surrounding people ." But really. He is wonderful for me. "

" Ugh, that's how I feel about James. He covers me in kisses. "

In respective gasps and wolf whistles, the party acknowledged each boyfriend with honor.