11

A/N: Filler.

You concurred that there might be a healthy middle in all of this madness. Lord knows he owes it to you for raising your heart rate permanently for years at a time. What a deeply evil man he was. To disregard your choices, turning your family and friends against you. Making you into a contrarian when you earnestly weren't. He needed to save all of that effort and squabble for preaching, because this sure wasn't cutting it.

Anyway, back to the healthy middle. Usually you were just pissed at him, refusing to interact besides laying out a sure guideline of 'No's' and 'Leave me alone's' like a sensible person would. However, that was getting you nowhere. In all actuality, the longer it's going on the more the chase worsened. So if you couldn't lose a man by not being interested, you wanted to see if you could lose him by.. shaking his interest. Distorting his perception.

If that didn't work, you'd see what reciprocation would do. Again, Goodness had nothing to do with this and you were fully aware of the moral implications of this decision.

However, he's the same person you wished would perish in war. This really isn't so bad in comparison.

If you turned up to be a total freak, he might swallow his bible and run north. The only thing stopping you from going all out is the social implications. Lee was a mighty talker, and he injected himself into your social circle for an upwards of 5 years. Tammy used to want to date him, as did Shanice long ago. The things they saw in him were somewhat morally degenerate - Money, And since he was some hauty christian, there shouldn't be an expectation to "put out". It would be a proper young girls dream to be married to Martin's boy. What a dream that was.

You wondered how the girls have reacted to seeing the "New" him. It was hard to put together each specific personality. They might love it even more - ditching his polite, librarian stature for that of a killing machine. Muscles so defined, that his old clothing now fit like a second skin..

Most of all, old Martins would've deeply condemned someone at the simple mention of getting a small handgun. Now, he had one that he apparently tucked in his slacks like no big deal. On top of that he would never hug you so closely, so much you could feel the hardness of his body and his chin on your head. On the off chance he'd have a hug, it'd be a side one.

This new persona was definitely odd. But maybe you should just get over the change. He was Him now. And you were at his mercy seeing as he really had no problem handling you... like that. As much as it sickened you, he had you beat.

And you have no curiosity for the violence and anger he was capable of. Those didn't need to be experienced first-hand. As per his request, you cut you presence at work off by the second. It was eight and you thankfully came in your car, so no need for another kidnapping.

Getting home was always not a problem. Getting Inside the home was. As you pulled up the street, a straight-backed figure slowly made view. Your new boyfriend had all the time in the world, it seemed, and had smiled and waved at you from the front doorstep as soon as you got out of the car. Trying to say essentially the opposite of what you would typically say, you painted a bright smile onto your face.

" What're you doing here? "
He looked shocked, barely able to form a sentence. " Oh... letter. "

" Letter? What for, I'm right here? "

" Yes.. but. You usually.. don't have the time..? "

" Don't be silly. What was it? "

" Oh, well. I put it all into writing, see. I didn't expect you to... "
It was silent for a long bit, him looking down at you with such a gaze full of love. There was a relaxed, comforted smile on his face. One so strong that it crinkled the eye.